Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, millions of people up and down the country have slated this fella on a weekly basis for years.

United’s all time leading goal scorer, England’s all time leading goal scorer, and still banging them in 15 years after his debut. Not to mention he’s won every major honour in domestic and European club football.

Incredible talent, incredible career. The people who make out he’s been some sort of let down are, quite honestly, idiots of the highest order.
He is the most proven player that England has ever produced. He's past his best but he's still better than 99% of other players we could have signed.

I am more than happy to eat humble pie. I did not want us to sign him, thought he was past his best. I was totally wrong and just love his passion for the club. Truly sorry Wayne.

Completely agreed. I did not want him back and when he started being played up top, it just went to confirm why. But playing much deeper, he has earnt the praise and as long as he stays in the deeper role, I am happy he is back.

Impossible to score 1.5 goals is a match. And his ratio is 1.5 games per goal .... just saying :)

its not impossible, unless you are being literal. 3 in 2, or 6 in 4, 9 in 6, I can go on and on if you want mate.......just saying

haha, all jokes folks

Waste of space ;)

That's a great stat. Just goes to show how capable he is still at 32. The pundits were telling us all a player of Rooney's build and being in the game since he was 16 would mean he'd be useless.

He brings so much more to the club than just his goals. His goals have been vital for us so far this season but there's no reason he can't leave a legacy with us with his experience and passing the knowledge he's got onto our younger lads. He's the key to us winning a trophy imo.

i am loving him being back, by the way if rooney wasnt rooney the whole country would be raving about how good a free signing he is. look at the passion when he scores, the closing down, the ordering players where to stand, he has nothing to prove to anyone but is playing like he does. Great signing i think he is part off the key to us winning a trophy.

He's lost a bit of pace, everything else is well and truly intact, infact he's better than his last 2 years at Utd.

That conversion rate stat in that tweet tells you all you need to know, still a very dangerous striker/midfielder when given the chances, imagine if we created more for him, we are playing wank and he's the best in Europe for slotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back