Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t, but he should be giving penalty duty to Gylfi. He’s got a record of missing about 1 in 3, which is nowhere near good enough.

I wonder will Baines resume the duty when he comes back.

I agree with you, though.....Wayne has now missed two pens from five goes this season and that is not a stat which fills me with confidence.

Give it to Iceland until Baines returns.

I wonder will Baines resume the duty when he comes back.

I agree with you, though.....Wayne has now missed two pens from five goes this season and that is not a stat which fills me with confidence.

Give it to Iceland until Baines returns.

Wazza pulls rank by pointing at his trophy cabinet I'm afraid.

Utterly stunk the gaff out at times but he still got himself on the scoresheet and offered himself up in attacks by finding space.

Looked better with only one defensive midfielder on the pitch and a bit more energy in Davies.

Think Sky pointed out it was like a 4-1-4-1 with Gueye behind Rooney and Davies. Keep it that way Sam.

Utterly stunk the gaff out at times but he still got himself on the scoresheet and offered himself up in attacks by finding space.

Looked better with only one defensive midfielder on the pitch and a bit more energy in Davies.

Think Sky pointed out it was like a 4-1-4-1 with Gueye behind Rooney and Davies. Keep it that way Sam.

You can't drop him but I also think he's been naff the last two games in general.

Two of the last four penalties he has taken he's missed, but we've been fortunate enough to score the rebound.

Think its time for someone else to step up and take them.

So he is back to being a midfielder again now until he has a few more bad games and the he will return to being a striker. Rinse and repeat. In fairness he has shown a few moments of quality this season that have made the difference but there is no 90 minute performance in him now which means The team are always carrying him to an extent

Nothing fortunate about scoring from the rebounds.
I thought DCL's reactions last night and Rooney's a couple of weeks ago were examples of first-class finishing.

Of course theres an element of fortune mate.

Obviously praise the reactions of DCL but its fortunate in how both the penalty against West Ham & Swansea have rebounded out to an EFC player to stick it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back