Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
i fell asleep during Match of the Day and didn't bother with official highlights on the website...
what was he like?

When I talk to opposition fans they are genuinely baffled we see Rooney as a deep lying play maker. Yes he can create the odd assist from deep but he just doesn't have the game for this role.

He constantly gives the ball away, he can't tackle and he can't cover around the pitch. The whole set up completely inhibits the team but our fans see him chip a ball to the back post every three games and think he's actually integral to the team. A massive problem going forward as a club if we persist with this.

He struggled today....plays far too deep lately...needs to push forward a bit more where he is far more effective...

Can anyone tell me what this free-loading has-been offers to the team?

Vehemently against him coming back and the sheer folly has now been exposed.

He couldn't play striker any more for the Mancs, so they tried him in midfield - and it failed.

So they dropped him.

Then along come soft arse Everton with their money-laden sentimental bandwagon and offer to take him off their wage bill - and break their own salary structure to pay him a staggering £150,000 per week.

£150,000 PER WEEK.

And what do we get for that?

A front line goal threat. Nope.

A foil up front for Tosun. Er, no.

A latter day Pirlo, Zidane or Zola. That'll be a no too.

Someone whose experience, leadership, winning mentality and influence catalyses the whole team. Not seen any of that.

No: what we got was a player who has been past his best for two years. The Rooney the Mancs were amazed someone wanted to get off their hands. A washed-up facsimile of the most exciting footballer we have produced for a generation.

And now, because he has failed in every position we have played him in, in this disastrous season, we're trying one final re-invention as a deep lying midfielder who sits in front of the back four. I'll say that again... Wayne Rooney in front of the back four. Double you, tea, eff!

We bought him because he is Wayne Rooney. We play him because he is Wayne Rooney. There is no other footballing reason whatsoever.

I'd wager no other team in the so-called Premiership would even consider him.

He is the epitome of why we have swapped ambition and aspiration for mediocrity. A meaningless PR gesture that is fooling no-one.

A disgrace yesterday when he offered absolutely NOTHING. An embarrassing physical metaphor for this one great club of ours.

Like Schneiderlin and Williams, he should never play for Everton again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back