Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be annoying for Americans when they see absolute bloaters like this rocking up in their league. How is it ever meant to progress if players like Rooney are going over and stunting the development of young American players?

It must be annoying for Americans when they see absolute bloaters like this rocking up in their league. How is it ever meant to progress if players like Rooney are going over and stunting the development of young American players?

They don’t give a toss about a player’s ability levels or effectiveness, they’re just buzzing to have a celebrity playing for them.

Wait until he has lived in the US for a few months with the gassy beer and the monster portion sizes. Its not Nando's.
He'll be the size of big Nev by season's end.

They don’t give a toss about a player’s ability levels, they’re just buzzing to have a celebrity playing for them.
I’m think more about the true supporters of the game. The ones putting in the hard graft, only to see Rooney coming over, earning millions, all while being a fat waste.

A year or two in American and Wayne Rooney will have the body comparable to that of Neville Southall.

Wait until he has lived in the US for a few months with the gassy beer and the monster portion sizes. Its not Nando's.
He'll be the size of big Nev by season's end.
Weirdly just posted the same thinglol

I’ve been to Florida a couple of times years ago. Used to go to the Ponderosa all-you-can-eat for our tea, my dad put on over a stone and a half in two weeks. Rooney will be in his element over there.

He'd be the first person out the door for me.

He's done his duty now, he's been forgiven. He's scored some goals, gave us some more good memories, but he's finished now. He's so slow, and he just can't keep pace anymore.

Got a lot of time for him coming back, and scoring a pen at Anfield, well that's absolutely brilliant. But no room for sentiment in football (well unless your osman and hibbert, who apparently are entitled to 10 years worth).

I'll fly him out there. Will never get over him spending his best years with the Mancs then coming back to us for his pipe and slippers time. Not for me thanks.

It raises the Profile of the league, which in turn is good for the growth of the sport within America. It makes total sense.

Exactly.

For all the windmilling in here, that Dominic King article would suggest that his main reason for leaving would be that he doesn't want to play for Allardyce any longer.

Like, you know, next season.

Make of that what you will.

I won't lie to you OFrandilino, I heard he wanted out in March.

I'm surprised it's only come out now.

I won't lie to you OFrandilino, I heard he wanted out in March.

I'm surprised it's only come out now.

Oh I've no doubt he does mate. Since Christmas, it has been a slog.

But if he thought a new manager was coming in he'd stay til January. He knows Allardyce is staying so he's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back