Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney has been made aware that Everton would not stand in his way over a transfer away as Sam Allardyce searches to raise funds for next season. Allardyce cannot guarantee the former England captain games.

There are senior members of Everton's hierarchy who would like Rooney to stay on Merseyside - including chairman Bill Kenwright, who stated as much during an address at the club season awards last week. But it is believed owner Farhad Moshiri currently concurs with Allardyce's assessment of the situation.

Matt Lawton: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nsational-switch-DC-United.html#ixzz5EwqpfYKD

Sam Allardyce searches to raise funds for next season. Allardyce cannot guarantee the former England captain games.

Lol.

It must be annoying for Americans when they see absolute bloaters like this rocking up in their league. How is it ever meant to progress if players like Rooney are going over and stunting the development of young American players?

They don’t give a toss about a player’s ability levels or effectiveness, they’re just buzzing to have a celebrity playing for them.

It raises the Profile of the league, which in turn is good for the growth of the sport within America. It makes total sense.

It really depends on the player coming over and the team's needs that are signing said player. David Villa at NYCFC was a great signing as he still had something to offer, big name, and the fact the team was an expansion side so helped develop a fan base. Zlatan is another good one. Gerrard to LA for example was awful, Slippy never adapted and didnt provide anything. Nowhere near Beckham and Zlatan in terms of star power. Rooney to DC is driven by the fact DC is opening a new stadium soon so they want a big name signing to get people excited. DC united hasnt been great in recent years either so doubt Rooney would be getting in any young talents way.

A contrast to this is Atlanta who avoided over the hill types and signed younger players with upside from South America

If we don't find a manager that can revatilise Rooney it's another failed appointment. I don't mean that we need a manager only for Rooney, but he's not the only one who needs a boost. We have got several under-performing players whom I think we can forgive for not doing that well, bearing in mind rubbish tactics, no vision and no clear direction. I always think of DCL, Lookman, Vlasic, Dowell, Davies, Kenny, Keane as those who deserve time to improve, and I'd even give Rooney, Klassen, Funes Mori a chance too. The people who are not doing well this year are the type of characters who need a good coach and mentor, and even though Rooney is older and wiser, his Man U performances show how much of an influence Fergie was on his career, and how well he managed and mentored him.

The manager=coach is key! I don't know if Fonseca, Silva do the business for me. I think if we're ever really going to realistically go to the next level, it has to be a proven manager. I know it's a sad tactic, but I'd look at Arsenal's shortlist, and get their rejects! Mosh and Kenwright don't seem to have a clue so they may as well start there. If Arsenal's manager shortlist is too ambitious and too good for us, well then, back to square one c. 1998
Il! Say it again i n a different way
the point is not if Rooney is past it or not - i think that it's a real shame that We cannot even try to get the best of his experience and skill
his dream is to succeed at Everton so he'll do what it takes

Il! Say it again i n a different way
the point is not if Rooney is past it or not - i think that it's a real shame that We cannot even try to get the best of his experience and skill
his dream is to succeed at Everton so he'll do what it takes
He didn't try very hard this season why would he next? He's a wasteman

The former captain and all time goalscorer of his country and one of the top clubs in the world went back to his boyhood club last summer, became the top goalscorer until Christmas, then he was played in deep midfield, he stopped scoring, now everybody talk about how bad he is, weird..

Just another Blue run out of the club (Barkley, Rooney) while we keep crap like Davies.

But he runs around and wears weird suits, so that's ok.

He also embarrasses the club by drink driving and Davies has been better than him this season and that’s saying something

The former captain and all time goalscorer of his country and one of the top clubs in the world went back to his boyhood club last summer, became the top goalscorer until Christmas, then he was played in deep midfield, he stopped scoring, now everybody talk about how bad he is, weird..
He wasn't very good all year tbh. He had some good games (particularly West Ham and the 2nd half of Stoke City), but overall his impact wasn't really a positive one. The fact that we had to move him deeper just to accommodate him says everything about the situation; he has special privileges because of his career. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but he shouldn't be a starter over here. I would have him if he was willing to accept a lesser role.

He wasn't very good all year tbh. He had some good games (particularly West Ham and the 2nd half of Stoke City), but overall his impact wasn't really a positive one. The fact that we had to move him deeper just to accommodate him says everything about the situation; he has special privileges because of his career. I wish him the best wherever he goes, but he shouldn't be a starter over here. I would have him if he was willing to accept a lesser role.
I don't know if he was moved to midfield just to accomodate him, it could be because nobody else is considered better at creating chances for the forwards from midfield. But he is not a midfielder, had been tried there at United and failed. The last juice that is left of him is what he has been doing all his career, scoring goals.. Play him anywhere behind the striker, or don't play him at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back