Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont think so. The £12m quoted is the wage package which I understand will be met by United, Us, and DC Whoever.
If that's true then what a crook. At the very least he could of waived off the last year of his wages given that he grew up a blue and is getting paid a shed load to play for DC united anyway.

I bet you when he joins them he will come out with "I turned down china and higher wages just to play at DC united". This man has no loyalty what so ever.
Players like le Bron left but they came back to win with their hometown club, Rooney left came back when he was finished and is now asking for money to leave.
ABDOLUTE DISGRACE.

Imagine him playing in Orlando or Houston in the middle of summer. That’s box office entertainment on its own right there.
He'll become a parody of himself. An incredibly rich parody, but a parody nonetheless.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-england-captain-allardyce?CMP=share_btn_tw

YES WAYNE, FORCE THE HAND

Wayne Rooney will await clarification from Everton on the club’s future management situation before deciding whether to end his Goodison Park comeback after only one season.
The 32-year-old has an offer from DC United to move to MLS in July, with the Washington club willing to give the former England captain a two-year contract. DC United have held talks with Rooney’s representative, Paul Stretford, but are one of several overseas opportunities available to the boyhood Evertonian.

Rooney’s current preference, however, is to remain at Everton where he is under contract until next summer. Everton also have an option to extend his Goodison career by a further 12 months but doubts over whether it will be activated, coupled with his reduced playing time under Sam Allardyce, have left Rooney considering a late career switch. Everton have denied, however, that their leading goalscorer this season has asked to leave.

The former Manchester United striker has had a mixed campaign in a poor Everton side following last summer’s return from Old Trafford. Rooney scored 11 goals in an impressive first half of the season, securing several important victories in the process, but his last goal came on 18 December and he has been frustrated by his deployment under Allardyce. A substitution in the 57th minute of last month’s Merseyside derby prompted a furious response from Rooney, who had been withdrawn at the same point of the previous week’s home defeat by Manchester City.

Rooney’s opportunities next season would appear limited with Allardyce as manager but the 63-year-old’s future at Everton is also uncertain. England’s all-time leading goalscorer wants clarity on Allardyce’s position, or whether he features in the next manager’s plans, before deciding whether to move with his young family to the US.

Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s major shareholder, has several key issues to address beyond Rooney’s future. Despite Allardyce’s claims to the contrary, Moshiri is expected to commence another overhaul of the club’s management structure with Marcel Brands, the technical director of Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven, lined up for a similar role on Merseyside.
Brands’ arrival would impact on Steve Walsh’s position as director of football and, as well as a replacement for Allardyce, Moshiri must also appoint a successor to the departing chief executive Robert Elstone and advance plans for a new stadium at Bramley Moore dock.

Can you show me evidence of this because I truly want to believe.
In another thread, you and I touched on Everton's immense capacity to disappoint. So to avoid any hopeful expectations (recall, 'it's the hope that kills'), ask yourself the question 'will retaining Sam be a disappointment to me?'. If the answer to that is 'yes', then that is what Everton will do.
I have accepted he's staying because for me, that's disappointing. You could say it's a disappointing reappointing...Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back