Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his fault we have won squat. And no promises we would have if he stayed.

The hottest property in European football got a massive fee for us, got the banks off our back, and won everything in club football.

Sadly, its called Life.
Yup, his fee dug us out of a hole no doubt. But who knows what might have been. I have little sympathy for him though, now that Everton appears to have binned him off to the us. He could've come back sooner if he loved the club so much.

It’s not Roy of the Rovers.
We sold him, we bought lescott, jags, Cahill, arteta etc. We moved in a different direction.
I apologise if you are still a minor, and haven’t had your dose of the real world yet. Im sure England’s top goal scorer, champions league and uefa trophy, and multiple premier league winner does not regret leaving.
The dose of the real world? Minor? I wish!

I am fully acquainted with the rotten morals and bent logic of real world greed and evil. Just because I wish for for better does not mean I don't recognise foetid reality for what it is!

I think people are being a bit kind to Rooney here tbf.

There’s absolutely no reason why Rooney couldn’t have been as good as if not better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo wants to be the best with every fiber of his being. He lives and breathes perfection , whilst Rooney is always out on the piss , smoking and eating Chinese.

Rooney was actually ahead of Ronaldo at Euro 2004.

You re right. But let’s face it, a lot of us could probably work 15% harder at work, but we don’t. And there is always some swoty try hard colleague

I have no sympathy for him, he left because he thought it benefited him, he returned because he thought it was the best move for him and Everton have now moved him on, apparently, because it benefits Everton.
He will still be paid a fortune for playing football, most of us had to pay to be able to play.

The dose of the real world? Minor? I wish!

I am fully acquainted with the rotten morals and bent logic of real world greed and evil. Just because I wish for for better does not mean I don't recognise foetid reality for what it is!

I’m debating with John Lennon. God help me

I am utterly agnostic towards him. Think thats the word. Not arsed basically.

He was a supremely gifted footballer. He came through the Everton ranks, and became Man Utd and Englands leading goal scorer.

Like @Eggs has said, not bad for a lad from Croxteth.

As for the Ronaldo discussion, one was built like a ballerina, one was built like a boxer.

I am utterly agnostic towards him. Think thats the word. Not arsed basically.

He was a supremely gifted footballer. He came through the Everton ranks, and became Man Utd and Englands leading goal scorer.

Like @Eggs has said, not bad for a lad from Croxteth.

As for the Ronaldo discussion, one was built like a ballerina, one was built like a boxer

But one was also in the gym everyday working on his physique while the other was smoking and eating chippy dinners

Maybe, but you get the gist. Folks bodies develop differently. No matter what you do.

Me, I am 53, and anyone on here who has met me will confirm that I am, er, slight of build. Not cos of diet, (lol) just natural physicality.

@Groucho @Dario Terracotta

Absolute perfect specimen of the male form you are @roydo mate, exactly what all of us of a certain age should aspire to;)lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back