Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was too good too early and fell out of love with the game, hence the abnormally early decline. I’m really annoyed that he came back when he did. Not only was the timing bad because of the signings we made, he had declined into a fraction of the player he used to be. This is also why you exercise caution when signing older players.
He still had an Everton pillow case and that was good enough for Bill.

If Rooney feels these things then why would money be the only priority? Money ain't going to change these things. There's much more to life.

Rooneys answer to problems throughout his career has been to follow more money. It makes no sense to me. How could he possibly need more?
Because most humans want more. Not saying it is right but it is human nature broadly. That is why our houses are full of stuff we dont need.

He threatened to quit for MLS unless Everton's manager next season basically bowed down to him. Allardyce and Silva have both called his bluff and he doesn't like it. Rooney thought he'd got his way again when Allardyce left.

He's used to getting what he wants. He handed in transfer requests at United more than once and got a new contract out of it, so he thought bullying Everton would be a doddle. He got his big move in 2004. He expected Everton to beg him to stay again. I still don't think he wants to leave his north west bubble but his ego can't handle sitting on the bench. It leaves him annoyed and in a quandry.

Bang on... I can't see how any footballer can be upset by not getting guarantees of playing time. If they perform, they'll play. I think it's right this DC thing is to try and make us match it, it's totally backfired on him. I hope he feels as upset as we did when he left the first time.

Milner started at a similar age, and has played the same way since his debut.
Cristiano Ronaldo is actually older then Rooney and look at the difference between the two.

Some sportsmen dedicate themselves to the sport like Bernard Hopkins and then you have people like Ricky Hatton.
But what Rooney chooses to do is up to him. We all see him as THE player and even when he was away we wanted him to succeed. He was local, Everton and brilliant. His top level game is up because he is rich, won it all and the hunger is gone. There we go..

Not sure about that. I've had immeasurable pleasure of playing football and never won a thing. What's more, I would not enjoy, for a second, playing and winning in the fa cup final for a team I did not support or didn't like such as the rs.
Obviously, Id prefer to win things, but if it meant giving up on my dream of playing for Everton then the answer is no. If you're a fan then win with your club, not another, such victory is hollow. At least that's how it is in my head.
But it just became his job and he got the chance to win stuff with a club who had top players..even they looked average in comparison at first. For a player like him Everton must have been very frustrating

He came back.
He scored his best ever Prem goal for us from his own half.
He scored for us at Anfield.

I'm sure he's sound with his season.
His overhead against City was a million times better than an open goal against West Ham with the game already won. Great goal yes, excellent technique, but nothing on that City goal.

His overhead against City was a million times better than an open goal against West Ham with the game already won. Great goal yes, excellent technique, but nothing on that City goal.

....mmm, not so sure. The City goal might edge it by way of the significance of a local Derby but the technique of the Everton goal (I think) is far superior. Overheads are hit and miss, in that you go up and swing a leg in the hope of connecting.

The Everton goal needed to be much more deliberate than instinctive. The ball was coming on to him, there were defenders ahead of him yet he managed to hit a golf shot. He drove it at exactly the right height and trajectory to miss the head of defenders and yet not sail over the bar.

The overhead kick might have looked great, but the skill and application of that finish against West Ham would please me more as a footballer.

....mmm, not so sure. The City goal might edge it by way of the significance of a local Derby but the technique of the Everton goal (I think) is far superior. Overheads are hit and miss, in that you go up and swing a leg in the hope of connecting.

The Everton goal needed to be much more deliberate than instinctive. The ball was coming on to him, there were defenders ahead of him yet he managed to hit a golf shot. He drove it at exactly the right height and trajectory to miss the head of defenders and yet not sail over the bar.

The overhead kick might have looked great, but the skill and application of that finish against West Ham would please me more as a footballer.
Crying at you calling it a golf shot haha. I know what you mean as well, haha, but still ffs hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back