Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should stay play out his contract & prove a lot of doubters wrong...

Still has great ability & could play a vital part next season...

Get training Wayne, get as fit as you possibly can & bang in a few goals for us next season...

I think the reason for his early decline is largely down to his early rise tbh. Done people develop before others and physically Rooney was prem ready at 15-16 yrs old. He was bald in his early 20's and he's probably got the legs of a 38 yr old now. His lifestyle choices havnt helped but I have always said that Rooney will be finished before most players simply due to how quickly he developed when younger

beckham was still quality at 35/36 till he retired

he lived a active life .. ronaldo will still be good come 35 i think

But what Rooney chooses to do is up to him. We all see him as THE player and even when he was away we wanted him to succeed. He was local, Everton and brilliant. His top level game is up because he is rich, won it all and the hunger is gone. There we go..
Not really if Giggs left united at 18 played for arsenal and came back when he was finished would he be an a united legend.
If Gerrard left for Chelsea at 18 and came back when he was finished, would he be a Liverpool legend.

What your saying about Rooney is what teams in league 2 do when one of their players make it in the premier league, it's small time.

But what Rooney chooses to do is up to him. We all see him as THE player and even when he was away we wanted him to succeed. He was local, Everton and brilliant. His top level game is up because he is rich, won it all and the hunger is gone. There we go..

Err no we don't, you're not speaking for us all, I never wanted to see him back in an Everton shirt, this has just been Bill and Wayne's dream and it's not turned out well because it's ended by us, we've decided he is now not good enough and rightly so, well tough Wayno but I'm sure you'll get by, remember and give those waffles and cheerleaders a swerve.

Get training Wayne, get as fit as you possibly can & bang in a few goals for us next season...
His legs have gone. They went years ago.
He cannot physically keep pace in a league where it is so high intensity and physically demanding.
Bye Wayne get lost

....mmm, not so sure. The City goal might edge it by way of the significance of a local Derby but the technique of the Everton goal (I think) is far superior. Overheads are hit and miss, in that you go up and swing a leg in the hope of connecting.

The Everton goal needed to be much more deliberate than instinctive. The ball was coming on to him, there were defenders ahead of him yet he managed to hit a golf shot. He drove it at exactly the right height and trajectory to miss the head of defenders and yet not sail over the bar.

The overhead kick might have looked great, but the skill and application of that finish against West Ham would please me more as a footballer.

I’m not having this Eggs mate, I’m sorry.

The ability & vision are still there in flashes, but the legs are gone. We can’t accommodate him in that deep role, where we really need more size & energy.

Now is the right time for a swan song in the MLS. Pity he didn’t return to us 3 years earlier, but he didn’t. Silva knows what he wants & Rooney isn’t it. Clear to see why.

And £150k/wk could be MUCH better spent.

I genuinely think he tried that last year and with the best will in the world I it seems clear his legs are knackered.

It appears (and I may be wrong) that he took the Ricky Hatton approach to down time. Unfortunately for Wayne it’s not 1978 anymore and when age catches up with you it’s too late to do something about it after the fact.

Maybe she should have came back to us in his late 20s instead of holding united to ransom to get his massive contract. No room for sentiment here I’m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back