Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
His misdemeanours off the pitch this season attracted more headlines than what he achieved on it. He’s an Evertonian who also happens to have been a world class talented professional footballer who has had an astonishing career. Privileged to have seen him play and won’t get the credit for what he did actually achieve. Don’t get the resentment, it didn’t work out here on what was his best option at the time. It’ll have hurt him how it played out but there were highlights - Stoke header, captaining his team, trick v West Ham & that pen at Anfield, Other posters have called out the failings too, so no need to repeat these. We owe him nothing, it’s a move that says more about our future than his, and he doesn’t owe us anything either, Can’t see him saying anything but positive things about the club now we’ve moved him on. Hope he enjoys his football again, that time when he won’t be playing for anyone is rapidly approaching. Be interesting to see his plans after his career ends. He’s knowledgeable about the game on a level that few can match after that cameo on MNF. Won’t be short of offers that’s for sure.

Sky Sports is pathetic. Over the past 6 weeks or so they've exclusively revealed that he'll either "imminently", "shortly", "this week", "within 48 hours", "today", "tomorrow" and "within 36 hours" be joining DC United.

His misdemeanours off the pitch this season attracted more headlines than what he achieved on it. He’s an Evertonian who also happens to have been a world class talented professional footballer who has had an astonishing career. Privileged to have seen him play and won’t get the credit for what he did actually achieve. Don’t get the resentment, it didn’t work out here on what was his best option at the time. It’ll have hurt him how it played out but there were highlights - Stoke header, captaining his team, trick v West Ham & that pen at Anfield, Other posters have called out the failings too, so no need to repeat these. We owe him nothing, it’s a move that says more about our future than his, and he doesn’t owe us anything either, Can’t see him saying anything but positive things about the club now we’ve moved him on. Hope he enjoys his football again, that time when he won’t be playing for anyone is rapidly approaching. Be interesting to see his plans after his career ends. He’s knowledgeable about the game on a level that few can match after that cameo on MNF. Won’t be short of offers that’s for sure.

Not sure if serious! Celebrating a pen? Reaaaaaaalyy????

He's not an Evertonian like. Not really.

As for the resentment thing, I fully understand that you may not agree with it, but to not actually "get" it? Surely fans resenting players for jibbing their club off (especially when they are a "fan") is one of the easiest things to get in football?

Not sure if serious! Celebrating a pen? Reaaaaaaalyy????

ing right I did, all that night. Walking back across the Park, in the snow was one the highlights of last season it was that bad.

'We got a point on a Sunday night & never touched the ball' was our song! Carried on in most boozers in County Road as well as far as I can remember, so probably a few of us did celebrate it, yeah. Been there many times and not even won the coin toss, so scoring a pen getting a point and having about 150 passes all game shows why. Now, if we'd just win there, that'd be some celebration

He's not an Evertonian like. Not really.

As for the resentment thing, I fully understand that you may not agree with it, but to not actually "get" it? Surely fans resenting players for jibbing their club off (especially when they are a "fan") is one of the easiest things to get in football?

Too old me to have favourite players, posters on me wall, Everton bedspread, pyjamas, players names on the latest shirt. Doesn't mean I don't love the Blues differently to those that choose to that stuff. What I do get, is that players will have been fans of a team growing up, Rooney in my opinion is an Evertonian and a fan. But he's also a professional footballer and no doubt sees the game differently than when he was growing up, its his occupation. But, even when playing for another club, I've seen him at the game watching Everton, so must retain some affection. Jib us off? Perhaps. We were skint, just finished seventeenth, he'd outshone Ronaldo at the Euro's and was the one saleable asset we had. It happens. We went on to be fourth the next year.

The badge kissing after scoring the third for Utd around ten years ago was ridiculous and petulant, you know he might even regret what he did that day. But it doesn't mean because he was sold for a record fee at the time and he has scored against us & celebrated in a way I found offensive means I will resent him for as long as I breathe air. I've enjoyed watching the lad play over the years, each to their own on stuff like this, no one is right or wrong ...opinions eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back