Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too old me to have favourite players, posters on me wall, Everton bedspread, pyjamas, players names on the latest shirt. Doesn't mean I don't love the Blues differently to those that choose to that stuff. What I do get, is that players will have been fans of a team growing up, Rooney in my opinion is an Evertonian and a fan. But he's also a professional footballer and no doubt sees the game differently than when he was growing up, its his occupation. But, even when playing for another club, I've seen him at the game watching Everton, so must retain some affection. Jib us off? Perhaps. We were skint, just finished seventeenth, he'd outshone Ronaldo at the Euro's and was the one saleable asset we had. It happens. We went on to be fourth the next year.

The badge kissing after scoring the third for Utd around ten years ago was ridiculous and petulant, you know he might even regret what he did that day. But it doesn't mean because he was sold for a record fee at the time and he has scored against us & celebrated in a way I found offensive means I will resent him for as long as I breathe air. I've enjoyed watching the lad play over the years, each to their own on stuff like this, no one is right or wrong ...opinions eh!

I don't really care about the reasons as to why he left, I get the reasons and I understand them but that doesn't mean a fan should be happy with it either.

I have no doubt he has an affection, he was indeed a blue growing up and his kids are blues so of course he will go the game. Is he a REAL fan though? Nah, he cant be, I don't think any pro footballer truly can be to be honest as its a whole different ball game for them.

I'm not saying you are wrong in anything you are saying, far from it, but you must be able to "get" the resentment at least that others feel even if you don't agree with it?

I don't really care about the reasons as to why he left, I get the reasons and I understand them but that doesn't mean a fan should be happy with it either.

I have no doubt he has an affection, he was indeed a blue growing up and his kids are blues so of course he will go the game. Is he a REAL fan though? Nah, he cant be, I don't think any pro footballer truly can be to be honest as its a whole different ball game for them.

I'm not saying you are wrong in anything you are saying, far from it, but you must be able to "get" the resentment at least that others feel even if you don't agree with it?
I agree. The best players in the world want to win trophies, leagues and play for their country and they will do whatever they can to achieve those goals and be the best and if the chance to play for team capable of realising those goals arises most players, regardless of who they grew up supporting would jump at the chance.
Fan’s want the same thing, to win trophies & leagues but don’t have the luxury of transferring to another team to increase those chances – well real fans don’t. It’s impossible for top quality footballers of which Wayne was to be fans in the same way as us because they’re loyalties are bought and sold.

Rooney is an adult. He supports Everton. Prob loved playing for us. But he puts his career (trophies and game time) and his family’s future (money) over supporting a football team. Anyone over 10 years old should understand this?
I think some under ten would understand this. Stop being single figurist!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.be...s-reacted-to-the-news-that-wayne-r/913166/amp

“We wish him all the best he’s been a fantastic servant to Everton and Man United in the Premier League.”

I’d love to know how Wayne Rooney has been a great servant to Everton in the Premier League. He left far too early and then he’s gone after a season coming back.

Jagielka is turning into Phil Neville, more and more.

Not sure if serious! Celebrating a pen? Reaaaaaaalyy????

Precisely. How the hell anyone can give him credit for that: like he ran 90 yards, leaving half the Liverpool team sprawling in his wake in the process and was just about to slam it over the line when someone sneakily clipped him from behind.

Er, no. Leighton Baines wasn't playing so self-appointed Captain Marvel took it.

Those who cite it as a reason for keeping him, or revelling in his return, got the Everton they deserved last season.

But they can plead and attempt to justify all they want to - he's on his way, woohoo!

so? it's about money with rooney, if he offered to take a massive paycut to stay at everton then we can all assume the board would bite at that

wont be a walk in the park moving your young family abroad, but it's not like he's moving to china is it
Or he isn’t very good anymore and Silva doesn’t want him and/or Brands has a dumb MLS club willing to take on his wages.

Already replaced in the emails

57tDoWT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back