Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will have some crap games this year.
They all will.
But the mumblings against Morgan for the tosh he served up yday will be 10x quieter than when Wayne has them.
It's simple, imo-
When he's on it - noone in our team possesses as much talent as Wayne Rooney. If we get 10 goals, a handful of assists and some experienced game management he will have given us a brilliant season.

DHDs3qKXcAEU6j6.webp

In some ways Wayne ,welcome home !

United fans must be laughing their arse off at us now he's our problem and not theirs. They had the same discussions we're having now, about where he should play, how he needs a run of games to find form and fitness. The form never came because he's finished. Hopefully everyone at this club will realise that sooner than United did.

You're literally an idiot.

You're literally an idiot.
Nah he makes very good points.

Quote me on this: This thread will be poisonous by Jan 1st 2018 when it comes to our Wayne. He scored on last season's opening game for Man Utd v Bournemouth. Then after that he stunk the place out all season.

What some of you don't understand is that I want to be wrong. I want Wayne to bag 20 goals and a hat trick against the RS in front of their hideous stand.

But as a realist, I have watched lots of Wayne last few years and he's not a top player anymore, far from it.

Quote me on this: This thread will be poisonous by Jan 1st 2018 when it comes to our Wayne. He scored on last season's opening game for Man Utd v Bournemouth. Then after that he stunk the place out all season.

What some of you don't understand is that I want to be wrong. I want Wayne to bag 20 goals and a hat trick against the RS in front of their hideous stand.

But as a realist, I have watched lots of Wayne last few years and he's not a top player anymore, far from it.
Only he showed he's still a top player yesterday, so your argument sort of dies on its arse there

What would you say he needs to do to prove you wrong?

Cos I've seen it before, players disparage a signing then set the bar ludicrously high and when they don't meet those absurd demands the poster can claim to be right.

See the bolasie thread for examples.

Wayne is passioniate towards his boyhood club. A leader on and off the pitch. He will just do fine with his experience. Hopefully he will bring a trophy home this season.

Rooney looked better yesterday than he’s looked for Utd in 2 or 3 seasons. Said it before he signed, and still firmly believe the move and being back here will rejuvenate him.

Will he be the same player he was 5 or 6 years ago? No. But yesterday he showed that he sees things and is capable of things that no one else in our team can.

Also.... am I the only one who welled up just a little when he scored, and the reaction (his and the crowd’s) afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back