Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney back in the old routine as Everton striker says: 'Some fans thought I wasn't good enough to come back.... It's up to me to prove myself'
  • Wayne Rooney scored Everton's winner against Stoke on his return to the club
  • Rooney says he has to 'be the best I can' as he looks to carry on his stellar career
  • Everton's No 10 hopes a change in role can help Ronald Koeman's team to thrive
He was everywhere. Outside the stadium, they sold T-shirts to mark the occasion. In the programme, there were 13 separate images of him, not to mention a five-page interview.

The story of Wayne Rooney's return to Everton demanded he be the centre of attention on his second first day but, for all those photographs and the paraphernalia, romance can only last so long. This, Rooney knew, was one of the most important days of his career.

'There is a lot of expectation,' Rooney acknowledged. 'I knew when I came back, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. There are still some fans who maybe thought that I wasn't good enough to come back here.

4332044200000578-0-image-a-5_1502658882083.jpg

+5
Wayne Rooney is loving life back at Everton after scoring the winner against Stoke City

433161F500000578-0-image-a-19_1502659134863.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Rooney-old-routine-Everton.html#ixzz4pfr0tRzZ

Nah he makes very good points.

Quote me on this: This thread will be poisonous by Jan 1st 2018 when it comes to our Wayne. He scored on last season's opening game for Man Utd v Bournemouth. Then after that he stunk the place out all season.

What some of you don't understand is that I want to be wrong. I want Wayne to bag 20 goals and a hat trick against the RS in front of their hideous stand.

But as a realist, I have watched lots of Wayne last few years and he's not a top player anymore, far from it.

This is the worst kind of stance to make in football. Say that someone is garbage/finished etc but that you're happy to be proven wrong. It makes no sense and just shows that you prefer ketchup.

Wayne Rooney back in the old routine as Everton striker says: 'Some fans thought I wasn't good enough to come back.... It's up to me to prove myself'
  • Wayne Rooney scored Everton's winner against Stoke on his return to the club
  • Rooney says he has to 'be the best I can' as he looks to carry on his stellar career
  • Everton's No 10 hopes a change in role can help Ronald Koeman's team to thrive
He was everywhere. Outside the stadium, they sold T-shirts to mark the occasion. In the programme, there were 13 separate images of him, not to mention a five-page interview.

The story of Wayne Rooney's return to Everton demanded he be the centre of attention on his second first day but, for all those photographs and the paraphernalia, romance can only last so long. This, Rooney knew, was one of the most important days of his career.

'There is a lot of expectation,' Rooney acknowledged. 'I knew when I came back, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself. There are still some fans who maybe thought that I wasn't good enough to come back here.

4332044200000578-0-image-a-5_1502658882083.jpg

+5
Wayne Rooney is loving life back at Everton after scoring the winner against Stoke City

433161F500000578-0-image-a-19_1502659134863.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Rooney-old-routine-Everton.html#ixzz4pfr0tRzZ

He's the most gifted player at the club by an absolute mile

Nah, we weren't ready, neither was he, we didn't have the money.

Hopefully it continues like this because there was something very old school in the crowd reaction today.

I'm aware that it may not have been possible... just trying to think of scenarios where we could have had a couple of years of Rooney and rom .

It's such a fairytale

Prodigal son ignores their origins for most of their career, until the stars aligned and the blessed meeting of Man U Don't Want Him and Everton Are Rich meant he could finally bother his considerably larger arse going home.

It's the feel good story of the season.

I love how every Everton article now positively glows with numerous references to this special special occurrence.

Oh joy of joys. The heart leaps

This is the worst kind of stance to make in football. Say that someone is garbage/finished etc but that you're happy to be proven wrong. It makes no sense and just shows that you prefer ketchup.
Not at all. I am an Everton fan, not a Rooney fan. I didn't want him but if he proves himself that is good for the club and therefore I or anyone else who did not want him will be happy. Only a prize loon would want him to fail. Expecting him to not measure up is not the same thing.

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And he casts your fears aside

View attachment 39746

And to think that was probably him in his prime lol

He's actually looked the fittest he has looked in a couple of seasons as things stand. He's only 31 not 34 or 35 and it looks like to me personally that the penny might have dropped regarding really looking after himself. I hope so anyway, to me he still looks hungry and still looks like he's got a hell of a lot to offer us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back