Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I mean going forward, Matey. Saying that, I think DCL for Rooney might have been the better change last night.

But again, we don't have the quality to take Wayne off at 2-0 in a European home game. If he'd taken Rooney off and they'd scored, we'd have had a very different game next week.

If Kone (were he still here) had put the performance in last night that Calvert-Lewin gets away with week in, week out, he'd have been annihilated on here.

But again, we don't have the quality to take Wayne off at 2-0 in a European home game. If he'd taken Rooney off and they'd scored, we'd have had a very different game next week.

If Kone (were he still here) had put the performance in last night that Calvert-Lewin gets away with week in, week out, he'd have been annihilated on here.

..I just though he was treading water for most of the 2nd half and his game time needs to be managed. Disagree about Calvert-Lewin, he was the 'out ball' when he came on and at least ran the channels and got a few free kicks when it looked like we'd settled for 2-0.

Love Rooney's influence, I wonder if he'll struggle to put full 90 minute shifts in when games are close together.

United fans in red cafe dismissing our chances of top 4 - we have as much chance getting top 4 as they have been relegated... and very dismissive of Rooney's upturn in form. They really don't like him at all.

United fans in red cafe dismissing our chances of top 4 - we have as much chance getting top 4 as they have been relegated... and very dismissive of Rooney's upturn in form. They really don't like him at all.
Always weird in forums though.

Reds I've spoken to in person are happy for him.

I also don't think we are anywhere near top 4 personally, but this run of tough games we have should give us an indication.

I also don't think we are anywhere near top 4 personally, but this run of tough games we have should give us an indication.
i don't think we're as far away as some think. if we can repeat last seasons home form and win a handful more away games we'll be right up there in the mix.
As for Wayne I'm delighted he's proving people wrong. I was a firm Yes from day one and whilst it's early days he looks fitter than has his in a good few years, he looks like he's happy and he's playing with passion.

i don't think we're as far away as some think. if we can repeat last seasons home form and win a handful more away games we'll be right up there in the mix.
As for Wayne I'm delighted he's proving people wrong. I was a firm Yes from day one and whilst it's early days he looks fitter than has his in a good few years, he looks like he's happy and he's playing with passion.
In all fairness I was totally against it.

Happy for him to continue to prove me wrong.

Think he should have been subbed last night towards the end instead of Klaassen, just to save him over-tiring. Looks way fitter than in past couple of seasons though.

In all fairness I was totally against it.

Happy for him to continue to prove me wrong.

Think he should have been subbed last night towards the end instead of Klaassen, just to save him over-tiring. Looks way fitter than in past couple of seasons though.
yeah, i think once we get a striker and with Sigurdsson, Klaasan and Sandro we should be able to rotate and keep him fresh.

Get in another CB and a striker and I think we have a decent shot at it. As it stands Sigurdsson will be pumping balls to 'kin no one.

Agree about Lewin just don't see it at all.Someone I read on here comparing him with a young Graeme Sharpe, no where near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back