Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Jacobs was chatting about him earlier today. To paraphrase, he said he hasnt seen him look as fit, mobile, and effective for ages. Reckons he has made a brilliant move.

Agree about Lewin just don't see it at all.Someone I read on here comparing him with a young Graeme Sharpe, no where near him.
The 20 year old Graeme Sharp was nowhere near the player he became, but you could see he had something. This lad at a similar age displays similar qualities, by no means the finished article but will offer more than people give him credit for.

The 20 year old Graeme Sharp was nowhere near the player he became, but you could see he had something. This lad at a similar age displays similar qualities, by no means the finished article but will offer more than people give him credit for.
Don't see it,and I know that Sharpe at 20 and 28 were not the same player you would have to be dumb to think that.Time will tell but I'm not overly impressed.

Don't see it,and I know that Sharpe at 20 and 28 were not the same player you would have to be dumb to think that.Time will tell but I'm not overly impressed.
Fingers crossed, I can remember Sharp looking out of his depth at times when he first came in. This lad will grow in confidence if the team performs well this season. Feel free to put this in the 'Vaults' file:D.

Fingers crossed, I can remember Sharp looking out of his depth at times when he first came in. This lad will grow in confidence if the team performs well this season. Feel free to put this in the 'Vaults' file:D.
Life's too short for vaulting people's opinions,I hope I'm wrong and he turns out a great player just can't see it.

He'll still score lots of important goals. For how many seasons is anyone's guess, but as long as people are realistic and nor expecting the pace he went to utd with he'll probably be judged as a success.

One thing that you can say about Rooney, when the ball gets passed to him, it doesn't ricochet off his shins. I expect more link up play at Everton than there has been for the past four years.
Rooney won't score as many as Lukaku this season but he will be far more influential and I can see him providing more important goals/assists than Lukaku ever did.

Andy Jacobs was chatting about him earlier today. To paraphrase, he said he hasnt seen him look as fit, mobile, and effective for ages. Reckons he has made a brilliant move.
Thought this myself. Don't think he has looked this in shape ever! The lad wants to do well for us and more importantly wants to WIN something with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back