Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing he can do to boost this team is add goals to a midfield that desperately needs them. I expect the team to look much better with Oumar back in the picture, so hopefully Wayne can carry this form as well as Siggy and co.

I went to the match not expecting it to be entertaining. It was all about the result. Rooney's 3rd goal was worth the ticket price on its own. Superb.
And the win made it all the more worthwhile.
Missed seeing the game live, watching it later on MOTD it was one of the few times I felt like applauding a goal in a highlights show. Watched it back umpteen times.

It required extraordinary technique. It blows any long range strike I've ever seen out of the water because of the way he hit it. He cuts down on the ball as he meets it as there is an underspin in flight. It also has a bit of side as it drifts right. Technique wise it's right up there with any ball strike you will ever see. All those other goals from midfield that have been shown since were teed up, and were also hit just like a long pass. Rooney's was completely different. It was a first time stabbed shot. Goal of the season without a doubt.

Missed seeing the game live, watching it later on MOTD it was one of the few times I felt like applauding a goal in a highlights show. Watched it back umpteen times.

It required extraordinary technique. It blows any long range strike I've ever seen out of the water because of the way he hit it. He cuts down on the ball as he meets it as there is an underspin in flight. It also has a bit of side as it drifts right. Technique wise it's right up there with any ball strike you will ever see. All those other goals from midfield that have been shown since were teed up, and were also hit just like a long pass. Rooney's was completely different. It was a first time stabbed shot. Goal of the season without a doubt.
Agree on all counts!

Last night demonstrated the amazing quality the lad still has in his locker. We aren't going to see that consistently at this stage in his career as he'd still be playing for Man Utd if he was capable of doing it. However if the club bring in the right people in both Jan and the summer (along with getting rid of all the dead wood) and don't put all the pressure on Rooney then we'll see more nights like yesterday with him in an Everton shirt yet.

Absolutely have watched it many times. There are not many players who could have achieved that as a first time strike and certainly IMO none in the current Pl lineups.

Do not care what happens in the rest of the season, for me that is the goal of the season.

Last night demonstrated the amazing quality the lad still has in his locker. We aren't going to see that consistently at this stage in his career as he'd still be playing for Man Utd if he was capable of doing it. However if the club bring in the right people in both Jan and the summer (along with getting rid of all the dead wood) and don't put all the pressure on Rooney then we'll see more nights like yesterday with him in an Everton shirt yet.

Would love to see Rooney with Barkley and Siggurdsson once Ross is fit. Since Barry has left we dont have anyone who can pick out a good forward pass and Rooney should take on that role. At old trafford this season we saw glimpese of this with Davies, Rooney and Siggurdson linking up quite well.

I'm still buzzing from his performance last night. 2nd goal was a brilliant team goal all started off with a cheeky clip over their striker 10 passes before he slots.

The lack of forward passing in this side is criminal and last night he was looking, Davies joined in ( like he always does ) and then what happened.....Gylfi started to have a bit of belief and showed some lovely little touches.

The 3rd goal was just the icing on the cake wasn't it. Unreal technique, the kind only a select few are capable of.

Watch the goal from behind and the ref Michael Oliver. When it goes in he turns in slow motion sort of in shock looking at Rooney before putting the whistle to his mouth for the restart.

Proper funny, bet his head was wobbling all over the shop watching it ( great manoevre to make sure it didn't hit him as well )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back