Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know if he was seen as a good football signing or a good business signing when we got him. Only the club will know if he's had a positive financial impact (shirt sales, sponsorship, club profile etc). Still potential to sell him for a decent sum as well.

deffo a business shirt-sales/sponsorship deal, not a football one (at least not one for an allegedly ambitious club like ourselves).

...basically pissing all over the idea of romance in football while at the same time telling the world we're only pretending to be a contender.

This probably sounds ridiculous given that Wayne isn't even 33 yet, but I think the lad has been playing at a mediocre level for at least 3 years now.

I love the guy and I love his passion for this club, but I think Koeman was wrong to sign him in the summer.

Allardyce made the right decision in bringing him off. When he came off things began to happen for us.

He's younger than Cristiano Ronaldo. There's one for you to get your head around.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I don't know if Wayne is finished, but to play defensive, behind the ball for 80 minutes, starting him made no sense. He also is just too impatient as a central mid and gives the ball away too often, but asking him to chase 20 year old for 60 minutes is a waste of whatever talent he still has left.

the guy is useless, i was watching him marking the invisible man, he was marking space and when he tried to close down players he was made to look like a slow clown, which is why 9/10 times he kicks his opponent and gets booked because he can't keep up with them

as for his distribution, it's a myth

he gives the ball away as much as any other player.

I love the lad's passion but he's just not up to playing at this level anymore.

Big Sam made the right decision in substituting him.
Problem for Wayne is he has all slow/one paced midfielders around him which exacerbates his lack of pace. Put him around 2 or 3 with pace and I think he has something to offer still.
Real poor yesterday though and had to be replaced.

He's younger than Cristiano Ronaldo. There's one for you to get your head around.
Add to that list both David Silva and Ibrahimović. He simply hasn't looked after his body for a long, long time and this is what we're left with.

Let's not forget, Rooney is our highest paid player so unless he goes to somewhere like China, or a less likely deal in the US, he's sticking with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back