Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly however, with Rooney's apparent status at the club combined with being our highest earner, then I feel his position is almost cemented.

I agree that he's jaded and it's had a detrimental affect on his performances, yet he's still consistently playing in a position where he's been poor.

It probably doesn't help that we do not have many options in the midfield regarding creativity, especially with Davies also being regularly poor.

However, it cannot be used as an excuse for his own poor showing; personally, he should never have been a regular starter but he still will be!

He is poor in every position as a starter. For the last 5 years there has been this continuous cycle where he will move between the number 9, number 10 and number 8 positions. He is rubbish in all of them.

Stop playing him so much! United burned him out but we're doing the same in pointless games. He may be a fantastic player for us next season if he only plays about 15 games for example, if we really want to compete next season his experience of winning will be invaluable, but he doesnt need to play every game for me.

We need better. It’s as simple as that. Can he play a part time role? I think so. He has had moments of brilliance during the course of the season. The problem lies with his mobility and consistency. He has comfortably been one of the worst players the past few weeks. He just seems burnt out and a bit too slow.

Stop playing him so much! United burned him out but we're doing the same in pointless games. He may be a fantastic player for us next season if he only plays about 15 games for example, if we really want to compete next season his experience of winning will be invaluable, but he doesnt need to play every game for me.
He's finished end of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back