Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Hurt that disappointed by Everton’s willingness to let him go”

When you weigh it up, I can see his point, especially with some of the trash in the squad.

Maybe looking at players we can sell on and actually get some fees in from.
He's got a cheek claiming this.

Some of us still remember how he left the first time and will shed no tears at how hard done by he might feel.

He's got a cheek claiming this.

Some of us still remember how he left the first time and will shed no tears at how hard done by he might feel.

scousers ten to be home birds if you ask me, gerrard didn't even want to go to London , then lasted about 6 months max at La galaxy.

wayne would be home before the end of summer if he went now!

He's just not good enough anymore to play full games or even possibly games in a row. He's lost his pace and his passing is inconsistent. Mix this up with a couple of flashes of brilliance since returning and it doesn't add up to what he's getting paid. He left us and gave his better years to the Mancs. His wage would be better spent on one or two younger, hungrier, better players.

Sitting on the fence with this one, those who are claiming his move to us was a disaster must've have watched much football this year.

He provided us with some great moments, the passion when he scored his first goal against Stoke, the way he celebrated infront of the City supports, his hattrick at Goodison and the half pitch goal he scored with it. He was one of our better performers this season, his leadership was up there with anyone at the club and he was our top goal scorer despite playing most of the season in midfield. As we've seen over the past couple of seasons there's absolutely no certainties when signing new players and I don't think people understand it's not always easy to replace a player of his caliber.

In saying that we do need to change a lot of things and he's not getting any younger, I'll be completely satisfied if he stays but I'll understand the move if he goes.

Sitting on the fence with this one, those who are claiming his move to us was a disaster must've have watched much football this year.

He provided us with some great moments, the passion when he scored his first goal against Stoke, the way he celebrated infront of the City supports, his hattrick at Goodison and the half pitch goal he scored with it. He was one of our better performers this season, his leadership was up there with anyone at the club and he was our top goal scorer despite playing most of the season in midfield. As we've seen over the past couple of seasons there's absolutely no certainties when signing new players and I don't think people understand it's not always easy to replace a player of his caliber.

In saying that we do need to change a lot of things and he's not getting any younger, I'll be completely satisfied if he stays but I'll understand the move if he goes.

..I think he’s been fine, he finished 3rd in @AndyC Player of the Season poll. He’s still got the quality to score a goal of the season and the attitude to score an equalising penalty at the Reds.

Saying that, it’s no issue if the club want to move him on at the start of a new regime. His style might not suit the way Brands wants to play, he especially struggles against teams who don’t give him time and press high up the pitch.

Last edited:

Thanks Wayne but see ya.
I want to see a young, fast, highly skilled Everton worrying teams to death about our pace, he doesn't fit into that remit.
Most teams were made up to play us this season as they had about an hour to get everyone back in position every time we got the ball.

Its too late to build a team around Rooney as his in massive decline and to move forward Everton need quick uptempo players rather than passengers which Rooney is unfortunately now :-( He had a decent season for us when he came back but for his wages and if he is demanding to be starter in team, he needs to leave :-)

If the plan isn't/wasn't to integrate him into the coaching setup, then there's no point keeping him. In a bit Wayne.

I hope he stays, if SIlva is as good as some think he will be the team will be much different anyway next season and chances are he will only be a bit part player, besides Moshiri needs to spend this summer and not from player sales, so the 12m isnt really worth it anyway, I hope we keep him

Would you take 12mil for baines, jagielka and williams ?

Because they are already at or soon will be in terminal decline, just like rooney.

How you expect him to play fast attacking football for Silva mystifies me...

I dont even understand the logic of you wanting hkm as moshit 'has to spend money' lol

Makes no sense.

Because they are already at or soon will be in terminal decline, just like rooney.

I dont even understand the logic of you wanting hkm as moshit 'has to spend money' lol

Makes no sense.
You haven't a clue about football........like the "Moshit" though....

Makes no sense.

Agree, now more than any time it's a young man's game in the premier league. Rooney done okay in the first half of the season, but that was with Sigurdsson doing his running, how often was Rooney caught in possession, when we tried to make him into a centre mid. The game has passed him by and I wish him well, but we need younger, faster pass and move types of players, with pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back