West Brom v Everton. Saturday 1st September @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if i was Moyes this is how i the line up would look for the game:

Howard
Hibbert - Jagielka - Distin - Baines
Gibson - Fellaini
Osman - Naismith - Pienaar
Jelavic​

Howard in goals is a given, that back four has been very solid all season so no reason to change it. I feel for our player of the year last season Heitinga not getting into our starting eleven but he's not a midfielder and Jags and Distin have just been immense this season, his time will come and i think he's starting to realize that.

Gibson and Fellaini have just clicked, Gibson's no Arteta but i now think his just as important to us as what Arteta was, he may not be as talented of gifted but he is just such a smart player and gets the best out of everyone around him. It's such a luxury to have someone like Gibbo in our team.

Now for the three attacking midfielders, three extremely hard working players who will always give us 100% but not only are they hard working, they have a lot of skill and ability to go with it, i would imagine the three of them will rotate through out the game to mix it up and test the West Brom defense, hopefully we can see a lot of link up play between the three of them and other players like Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic.

For years more was getting almost abused for playing with one striker but then when we have a class striker up front who can score we're all happy seeing just the one striker up front, i think this just shows their was no problems with the tactics just the strikers we had.

As for the subs i would have a pretty young bench, basically the same as our last two games.

Subs: Mucha, Neville, Heitinga, Mirallas, Barkley, Anichebe, Duffy

One of the strongest benches we've had in a long time and we also have Odjidja-Ofoe and Ovideo to come in, how good is it to finally see some good depth in the team! I honestly would have liked us to get one more striker but o'well I'm still very happy with our squad. There's still Owen around. ;)

I really don't know what to expect from the game we have been playing some bloody good football but so have West Brom, i'm expecting a fast paced attacking game but both teams are going to have a tough time breaking down each others defense, should be a good game.

I would defiantly take a 1-0 win here, not expecting a big win but i think if we do want to have a really good season we have to win games like this.

COYB!

For years more was getting almost abused for playing with one striker but then when we have a class striker up front who can score we're all happy seeing just the one striker up front, i think this just shows their was no problems with the tactics just the strikers we had.

Tactics need to be adapted to fit the players we have, right now the players we have fit a 4-5-1 fantastically. When we had Yakubu as our striker they did too.

When we had Beckford, Saha and Cahill a 4-5-1 wasn't working. Hence the stick he got for not trying anything else.

Tactics need to be adapted to fit the players we have, right now the players we have fit a 4-5-1 fantastically. When we had Yakubu as our striker they did too.

When we had Beckford, Saha and Cahill a 4-5-1 wasn't working. Hence the stick he got for not trying anything else.

Exactly.

Still think 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

The 3 behind the striker interchanging makes us so fluid and unpredictable. It suits Mirallas, Naismith, Osman and Pienaar to a tee as they can all play anywhere across that three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back