West Brom v Everton. Saturday 1st September @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr. OK mate. Odemwingie or Jelavic??? Mulumbu or Pienaar??? Lukaku, Maybe. Brunt over Gibson or Fellaini or even Osman, It's a no from me.

BTW, I've got as lot of time for your side. Kinda like the greater than the sum of it's parts we've had going on for years. I just don't think many of your players look that good in a comparison.

Who said Odemwingie would replace Jelavic. I think Jelavic and Odemwingie would be a rather good partnership which is why I was gutted you managed to sign him over us.

Again, Mulumbu or Pienaar aren't a great comparison unless Pienaar slots into the centre. I think the stats have backed up Mulumbu's performances over recent years. Season before last he was the best ball winner in the country, much better stats than Scott Parker but never received the praise he merited alongside his 7 goals too. Brunt is naturally a wide midfielder and a gifted footballer.

Foster/Howard

Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines

Pienaar Mulumbu Fellaini Brunt

Odemwingie Jelavic

Bench:

Foster/Howard, Olsson, Lukaku, Morrison, Osman, Heitinga, Gibson

Well if that's your opinion then fine, but I would bet that at least three of our players, possibly four could get into your side. Youssouf Mulumbu, Peter Odemwingie, Romelu Lukaku (although not technically ours, he's representing us) and Chris Brunt. I could also add Foster, James Morrison and perhaps Jonas Olsson.

I think the fact that your best players only get in in our weak areas speaks volumes, mate. But still, the game could go either way.

EDIT: Brunt over Pienaar?! Christ alive.

Who said Odemwingie would replace Jelavic. I think Jelavic and Odemwingie would be a rather good partnership which is why I was gutted you managed to sign him over us.

Again, Mulumbu or Pienaar aren't a great comparison unless Pienaar slots into the centre. I think the stats have backed up Mulumbu's performances over recent years. Season before last he was the best ball winner in the country, much better stats than Scott Parker but never received the praise he merited alongside his 7 goals too. Brunt is naturally a wide midfielder and a gifted footballer.

Foster/Howard

Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines

Pienaar Mulumbu Fellaini Brunt

Odemwingie Jelavic

Bench:

Foster/Howard, Olsson, Lukaku, Morrison, Osman, Heitinga, Gibson

Odemwingie OFF Gibson ON

Brunt OFF Mirallas ON

Morrison OFF Naismith ON

Mulumbu possibly.

Foster possibly.

For me that's two players who would maybe get in our starting line up and three who would make the bench.

Odemwingie OFF Gibson ON

Brunt OFF Mirallas ON

Morrison OFF Naismith ON

Mulumbu possibly.

Foster possibly.

For me that's two players who would maybe get in our starting line up and three who would make the bench.

How much have we all seen of Mirrallas to say he's better than Chris Brunt? I've seen nothing of him so which is why I've got Brunty ahead of him.

I'd prefer Morrison over Naismith, I think the fact Morrison has spent the majority of his career in the Premier League is an indication of how good a talent he is. I think Naismith needs a season in the PL before we can comfortably say that he's better than Mozza etc. The difference in opposition between the SPL and Premier League is massive. Not saying Naismith is bad player by any means, either.

How much have we all seen of Mirrallas to say he's better than Chris Brunt? I've seen nothing of him so which is why I've got Brunty ahead of him.

I'd prefer Morrison over Naismith, I think the fact Morrison has spent the majority of his career in the Premier League is an indication of how good a talent he is. I think Naismith needs a season in the PL before we can comfortably say that he's better than Mozza etc. The difference in opposition between the SPL and Premier League is massive. Not saying Naismith is bad player by any means, either.

The Rangers fans would have us believe he's better than Jelavic like.

Ah, apologies, didn't expect to see him on the right there. But yeah, apart from that I'd agree although Naimsith is looking very good and would certainly push Morrison for a place, like.

Brunty is capable of either wing so If I have them the wrong way round, just swap them round.

Brunt is just as good with his right as he is with his left.

The Rangers fans would have us believe he's better than Jelavic like.

Naismith better than Jelavic? I've seen a lot of Rangers over the past couple of years and I couldn't agree with that. Having Jelavic in the side certainly aided Naismith. When he wasn't injured that is...

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
Gibson Osman
Naismith Fellaini Pienaar
Jelavic
1-2 for us Jelavic and Naismith with goals

Think we need to get the early goal again here. Get out the blocks quickly, get the tackles in and keep the ball on the floor.simples.
Can see them coming back in the second half as we are forced into changes..final score WBA2 Everton 3
How amazing is it that i can see us scoring early and scoring 3 in every game!! what a turnaround from this time last year!

be a tough game but sure we can get the 3 points. just hope can get a ticket in our end after being let down but they have tickets still on general sale. COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back