• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

What Clubs Other Than Everton Do You like To See Do Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So long as you're not part of YNYA, you're Sound(er. haha.) - I guess Portland - Seattle is the NW version of Boston - NY.

It happens everywhere. Milwaukee-Chicago is similar to that, too.

My stance on Chicago is that it's a nice place to visit.

It's much more expensive to live in Chicago with little benefit, especially when I can live somewhere near by with its own set of cultural amenities and take a short train ride down there whenever I feel compelled to.

I'm sure you could take that same line and replace the cities many times over. xD

Why are people choosing 1860 Munich, Torino and Espanyol etc and saying they're similar to us?

If I'm not mistaken they're all the smaller, less successful, second clubs in their cities, and by some distance. They're nothing like us, we're more like Bayern, Juve and Barcelona!

Everton aren't we?

Brisbane Roar FC - local team

As far as English teams are concerned:
AFC Wimbledon
Any Welsh side (except for Cardiff)
Leyton Orient
Don't mind Sunderland, but mainly because they have annoying neighbours just like us.

Bristol City, because I grew up in Bristol. Thankfully I don't have the accent.

Peterborough (hometown), Ipswich (Dads team), Nottingham Forest, Derby, Leicester (so i can watch Everton away).

Tranmere
Juventus
Crystal Palace

I started liking Palace this season after they massively turned around their form under Pulis. I went to the 3-2 game at Goodison and was so impressed with their play, and their fans made a hell of a racket.

Shamrock Rovers - I was brought to see them as soon as I could walk
Everton - I was brought to see them play Rovers in a friendly in 1970 and was besotted by Alan Ball and his white boots
Growing up near Peter Farrell cemented the Rovers/Everton link in my heart.

Celtic - I was transfixed by seeing the skills of Jimmy Johnstone in the early 70s and was disgusted how Atletico kicked him off the park in the 1974 ECSF
Bayern - because they went on to beat Atletico in the ECF that year. We also got on great with them during the 85 CWC SF and I had them singing Rovers songs in the Devonshire before the 2nd leg at Goodison - a bit cooler towards them now as they have become too much of a mega club

Lazio - went to a meaningless end of season match in Rome years ago against Livorno. Small crowd, but I met up with some of their less extreme fans, and found them to be sound.

Espanyol because I can't stand Barca and their snide antics.

I have no great warmth towards any other English clubs, although I was delighted that Sunderland survived.

Preston as my grandad was born and raised there before moving to Merseyside, so a family connection in a way. I also went uni there and went the odd match.

That said my uncles and aunties support Liverpool and I would like to see them relegated so maybe it's not a family thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back