What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League see attacks on integrity/corruption allegations as a real risk to their brand. They've been proactively trying to pull rank around corruption/VAR criticism.

The club and fans should go all out to drag the Premier League through the mud. They won't want to see a stadium calling the league corrupt.
Couldn’t have a better opportunity to do just that than United at Goodison, either.

That game has to be made absolute hell for the Premier League.

I don`t have a problem with us getting 10 point deduction if we broke the rules, so long as the same is dished out when other teams are found to have broken the same rules. So one charge, found guilty is 10 point deduction, let Chelsea and City get the same if found guilty.

Just wondering what fans think will happen next?

The club have said they'll appeal.
Myers has said the appeal will be heard by a different board before the end of the season.
Meanwhile there seems to be a fan base united by the injustice of the harsh punishment.
What do we do?
Is protesting the right course of action, will it jeopardise any appeal.
If fans do protest, what form does it take.
We seem to have way more press for us than against us at the moment.

Will we get in trouble for controversial banners at the United match.
Do we have enough leadership behind the scenes to see this through.
Does it effect the 777 takeover, maybe Moshiri lowers his price and attracts someome who actually has the finances to take over when this is all done.

So many unknowns :(
Quite simply, we carry on winning

The short-term depends on how results go, as it always has.

A couple of wins would be the perfect response to what happened today.

Of course there will be an appeal and I expect we'll end up with a six point deduction.

I'm surprised to hear the membership of the commission tonight, one ex Chelsea employee and another with links to WHU.

I'd be looking at the club's legal representation myself. Presumably they paid big bucks to the legal team but I'd be looking for much heavier hitters after today.

Also expect 777 to be confirmed in the next few weeks. Be interesting to see how they approach this. They seem to be well versed with legal proceedings. Maybe they can get us some shark advocate for the appeal.

Middle fingers in all their faces and we stay up.
That’s a great idea. They can scramble the crowd noise if there is constant language, but every time the ball goes out for a throw or corner, or slo-mo goal replays, there are thousands upon thousands of middle fingers pointing at the camera in the background. Plenty of kids at it too would be epic for the PLs grassroots PR. 117 minutes of capacity crowd fingering. AND ITS LIIIVE

The result of the hearing has to be within 3months it was said today, so the result whatever it is has to be said soon, be a bit silly if we got relegated based on losing 10points, to then have them or some of it reinstated in the summer & cause even more chaos to the team that may have stayed up, who then went down.

This hearing only lasted 4 days (16th-20th october) and took 4 weeks for a verdict (Announced today 17th November)

Just looked at the "Liverpool Echo" homepage.....

This is a massive disgusting disgrace, yet we are the 6th highest story, imagine the kopshoites even getting one fan a bit upset at a home game because he bought a dodgy ticket, bang it's top of the tree.

A local paper that pisses on 50+% of its readership, should be leading with it, don't buy the echo Tory Kopite lovefest
That rag should be renamed "The Anfield Bugle."

The short-term depends on how results go, as it always has.

A couple of wins would be the perfect response to what happened today.

Of course there will be an appeal and I expect we'll end up with a six point deduction.

I'm surprised to hear the membership of the commission tonight, one ex Chelsea employee and another with links to WHU.

I'd be looking at the club's legal representation myself. Presumably they paid big bucks to the legal team but I'd be looking for much heavier hitters after today.

Also expect 777 to be confirmed in the next few weeks. Be interesting to see how they approach this. They seem to be well versed with legal proceedings. Maybe they can get us some shark advocate for the appeal.
Yea, they arent loadad and financially dodgy as all hell but get the impression they'll be far better equipped to handle an appeal than whats there now!
Apparently DBB and Ingles did very little to contribute to Evertons case. Seems like the club didnt take it as seriously as they should have.

The club need to go on a major press offensive before the Man United game.
Ex players, media personell, journos and fans need to keep banging on about the injustice of this, sho when Everton fans unveil controversial banners, the PL will have a much harder time fining the club.
I'm not sure how to keep this on the national stage. I dont advocate for harrassing anyone but the press should be looking for answers from the PL and the independent board.
The fans should come up with something for every home and away game that captures the public imagination.
Someone should make a short concise youtube video pointing out the injustice and hope that the likes of Wolves/palace/even west ham fans get on board.

This punishment has once again shown that the big 6 (and newcastle) are now totally untouchable.
The only way to join the elite is to be bought by a hostile dictatorship!
What has football become?!

I don`t have a problem with us getting 10 point deduction if we broke the rules, so long as the same is dished out when other teams are found to have broken the same rules. So one charge, found guilty is 10 point deduction, let Chelsea and City get the same if found guilty.
At least! They are mega scale. Big business/states/oligarchs took over the prem. They are corrupt as is the PL. It is all **** I have harped on for years about our clubs being stolen by these groups and now we suffer political window dressing to protect the corrupt PL. Bankrupt them all, legalise British ownership only, broadcast rights to BBC, ITV and Channel 4 only. Give us our clubs back and **** off the rest of the world and your TV entertainment/gambling hubs.

The result of the hearing has to be within 3months it was said today, so the result whatever it is has to be said soon, be a bit silly if we got relegated based on losing 10points, to then have them or some of it reinstated in the summer & cause even more chaos to the team that may have stayed up, who then went down.

This hearing only lasted 4 days (16th-20th october) and took 4 weeks for a verdict (Announced today 17th November)
I think we'll be safe. Burnley, Sheffield Luton, Bournemouth and Fulham are worse than us and Wolves Palace and Forest aren't exactly pulling up trees. We'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.