Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I have to admit I am a bit worried. I think we vastly overrate our current squad and I think we´re in need of serious reinforcements, i.e a striker and an attacking midfielder. Concerns me that our transfer activity seem to have grind to a halt.
That seems quite harsh. Not being funny but were you expecting 2 unveilings every week?

Whomever we could get across the line early doors we did. Others are gonna take time. That's just how it works.

At any rate we've still got around 6 weeks of the window left so a bit of patience needed here perhaps.

I can understand people being cautious given the last 20 plus years but this last year I've seen nothing but positive things happening and positive things planned for the future of the club. I mean compared to 2 years ago we look like a different club and are moving in the right direction. It actually seems that some Blues preferred us when we actually were crap and the club was run like a circus!

Heard that one before...and therein lies a large part of the issues at hand. This is the long term problem for Moshiri to overcome and we're now on our way to seeing just how stubborn he is because that's what it's going to take, on his part...well-meaning stubbornness. I'd say determination but this is an industry that can crap all over that, it calls for a different kind of blind fortitude.

Honestly, most Blues I've met, be it at the Brick before the match or in the stands at Goodison are all quite positive, with a healthy dose of realism in their opinions also but online it's a completely different kettle of fish seemingly!
This is my experience too. After leaving every match at Goodison I regularly come on here and it still shocks me just how massively the views differ to the the vibe at the match. The negitiveity on here is staggering at times.

This is my experience too. After leaving every match at Goodison I regularly come on here and it still shocks me just how massively the views differ to the the vibe at the match. The negitiveity on here is staggering at times.

This with bells on.

I have said many times on here.....what you read on GOT is usually very different to what you hear in the environs of Goodison Park on matchdays.

You do get a good laugh on here though :)

This is what baffles me the most. After every game you'd think we were going to get relegated the way our fans slate every player and the manager even if we are winning comfortably. I'm all for cautious optimism, but seeing posters classify every player as 'crap' ruins the mood sometimes. There is always the 'scapegoat' who takes it up the arse every game from our fans.

Oh and 'negativity'

This with bells on.

I have said many times on here.....what you read on GOT is usually very different to what you hear in the environs of Goodison Park on matchdays.

You do get a good laugh on here though :)
It's the internet at its best. Nobody would say half the guff typed on here to a person face to face for fear of being laughed at or treated like a crazy person. Yet behind the anonymity of the computer they chat absolute wham almost completely unchallenged and deluded themselves into thinking their view is a reflection of everyone else. Its the same after a big win to read some of the stuff on here you'd of thought we were Real Madrid like after beating Man City 4-0 rather then the far more balanced delighted optimism at Goodison.

(Some) Evertonians aren't happy until they are unhappy. They live for 'the moan'.

On a side note, I'm already preparing my brain for the Championship.

After 15 mins on here & a couple of conversations on twitter it would leave anyone thinking we're gonna get relegated next season. The negativity is mental. All I'm reading is that Koeman is rubbish, Steve Walsh is rubbish at being a DOF and at scouting, the players we bought are rubbish and over priced, losing Barkley (for chocolate buttons) and Lukaku is gonna have us finishing outside the top 10 and Moshiri is a massive fraud who's mission is to bleed the club dry, etc etc, lol what the hell is going on with Blues? Are people wumming or being serious? We've had one of the best windows I've ever seen in my lifetime, and it's still not over, not to mention all the positive happenings around the club.

We were 11 points off our best points tally last season in Koemans first season with a pretty average team barring a few players. If this seasons team turns 4 losses from last season into wins this year then we will break that record and it's hardly a mountain to climb in my opinion, especially with our new players, they say a good keeper alone can earn a team 10 points.

There's also every chance that the game plan is to go for a domestic cup and try to win the Europa. Would make sense as in a less number of games it gives you what 3rd or 5th place (if we only won the FA cup) would at the end of the season and it adds a trophy or 2 to the cabinate. I don't think we're strong enough to push the top 6 & win the Europa and a cup but I think with this team one or the other is achievable provided we get the Lukaku replacement and left sided CB that Koeman said he wanted to get in.

Maybe I'm being too positive but I really don't get all the doom and gloom and why people are acting like club is a mess from top to bottom and saying we're going to have a terrible season etc.

Out fans have turbed into absolute weapons that act like we own success, and hound our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back