Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the modern day football fan, some think they know better than everyone at the club about running a football club and being a football manager or coach at the same time as well as being a supporter and when things aren't being done exactly how they'd like it to be done they post persistently about how they'd sort it out and where it's going wrong. They're geniuses and they want everyone to know it... or maybe they're just sharing their opinion on an internet forum and as we've won nothing for 20 odd years they're just not as excited or optimistic as some other supporters.

It was the same, for some, even when we were winning things. I remember, back in the eighties, sitting in the main stand, Everton were top of the table, unbeaten at home, great to watch, and yet there were still the moaners, the cryers, the miserable naysers whining the whole ninety minutes. Some people are just addicted to complaining about everything.
I think, tbf, most Evertonians right now are simply cautiously optimistic, which is as it should be at this stage.

I think it's unfair to use that game as a benchmark to judge the team. That team may be 'farmers' but they are still a professional team who've had a preseason and 5 competitive games under their belt against an Everton team only half way through preseason, add that to the fact that many players are new and the team still needs a full preseason and a few games to start gelling into a cohesive unit. As Neville Southall said, we'll see the true force of the team around December time
Of course they'll perform better - and there will be additions yet. But Everton's failure to provide a Plan B (again) is plain to see. And no matter how long the season goes on for the lack of pace (which you need from all over the team) just isn't there in sufficient numbers.

I said it before about Koeman: I have no faith in him building a team...especially an attacking unit within that team.

It's the modern day football fan, some think they know better than everyone at the club about running a football club and being a football manager or coach at the same time as well as being a supporter and when things aren't being done exactly how they'd like it to be done they post persistently about how they'd sort it out and where it's going wrong. They're geniuses and they want everyone to know it... or maybe they're just sharing their opinion on an internet forum and as we've won nothing for 20 odd years they're just not as excited or optimistic as some other supporters.

£100M spent so far - and that performance the other night made most wonder wtf had become of the cash.

Although a number of the signings we have made this summer are some what unproven I am happy with them bar Rooney and Cuco.

What does concern me is when I look at what most perceive to be our first choice players and then add in the 2 players being heavily linked (Siggurdson & Giroud) I see us turning into a one paced predictable side that will struggle to break teams down and score goals

I dont believe all are too negitive. Some just look at it we are still a 7th placed squad currently. And some will say we have only spent the money we have brought in while the teams above us invest without using monies from sales. Both are valid points in a way..Im happy with the transfers we have done so far. We needed a new team really. You cant hang on to players that dont want to be here but i thought these incomings could have been done last year and therefore maybe lukaku and barkley would have saw we meant business and stayed.

But that didnt happen. So at least we have done good business early. And one cant expect to bring in 15 new players in 1 window. I still am realistic though and we are still well behind top 6 especially after lukaku goals will go. We still need 3/4 players who are well capable going into starting 11and pushing for places. A number 10 and top striker (giroud/benteke)are badly needed remembering the amount of games we are now going to play. Anyone who thinks the current squad is good enough for top 4 is way off. But add 2/3 top players and i would take my hat off to the board ,manager and walsh. But it would be a shame and a lost opportunity if we cant get these 2/3 in. Fingers x'd we can and i think we couldnt ask for more.

£100M spent so far - and that performance the other night made most wonder wtf had become of the cash.

It wasn't too impressive like I'll give you that but I think it's far to early to be of any real concern. Losing Lukaku and Barkley will make it hard for us to make any real progress this season but the window is still open for a while yet so hopefully we'll get some quality in before it closes.

I can understand people being cautious given the last 20 plus years but this last year I've seen nothing but positive things happening and positive things planned for the future of the club. I mean compared to 2 years ago we look like a different club and are moving in the right direction. It actually seems that some Blues preferred us when we actually were crap and the club was run like a circus!

I'm finding your posts as OTT as some of the negativity you are complaining about in here.

Things seem quite positive but there's still lots of points of debate in between OH MY GOD WE ARE RICH AND AMAZING and WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

There's not much tolerance of the possibility that either side of every discussion on here might be wrong.

The battle of the boring Positivity Clique Vs the silly Bedwetters is ruining every thread and neither side holds a candle to all powerful Fencesitters Sect.

Also taking reference from and reflecting on what you see on Facebook comments and Twitter is a bit silly sir.

It wasn't too impressive like I'll give you that but I think it's far to early to be of any real concern. Losing Lukaku and Barkley will make it hard for us to make any real progress this season but the window is still open for a while yet so hopefully we'll get some quality in before it closes.
There will be severe questions to answer if we dont progress from a paltry 61 points 7th spot and two terrible cup runs last season having spent a likely £150M-£160M this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back