What would you consider the biggest statement of intent?

Stadium or Players?

• Stadium on the Docks

Votes: 313 79.0%
  • Big name player?

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • Cheese on warmed bread.

Votes: 19 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me right now, a statement of intent would be Lukaku signing a new deal....

Martinez has set us back a good few years, even with money to spend now we're not an attractive option for top players, so I don't expect us to sign any this year.....if we can keep out best players now, and build back our reputation this season....Get back into Europe (and hopefully a cup win), and look to bring in some big signings next summer....

For me right now, a statement of intent would be Lukaku signing a new deal....

Martinez has set us back a good few years, even with money to spend now we're not an attractive option for top players, so I don't expect us to sign any this year.....if we can keep out best players now, and build back our reputation this season....Get back into Europe (and hopefully a cup win), and look to bring in some big signings next summer....

Lukaku isn't intent mate it's just paying him more because nobody will pay his fee and to keep him another year so we can try find a replacement inbetween.

Players come and go,
A new stadium with better revenue generation and a more visible profile will be more attractive.

If we build it, they will come.

Do you think it is the purchase of the land on the docks for a new stadium, or the potential of a BIG name player, in the mould of Isco, Mata, Witsel, Rodriguez etc?

What would make the biggest statement of intent for Moshiris reign?
The biggest statement so far which is not on the poll.....!?

Moshiri bagging koeman and Walsh. Biggest statement made so far.

Having a net spend this window.
Goodness me. How many more times is this meaningless phrase going to be rolled out?

If we were to go out tomorrow and sign Jordan Henderson for £65m, we'd end the window with a huge net spend. But it wouldn't be a very good idea, would it?

The quality of the players purchased matters infinitely more than the money spent to purchase them.

Stadium.

A truly world class venue on the waterfront would be more important than signing any player.

The club needs this. We have the management structure and an owner who will hopefully know how to make this a reality asap. With the promising performance on Gana at the weekend I would hope that Walsh and Koeman can assemble a team capable of pushing the club back to competing at the upper end of the league. But to truly compete we need the stadium in the long term.

Yeah, but would you consider that bigger than an announcement we have bought the land on the docks?
It's all part of the same machine to be honest. None bigger than the other, however that would be the final piece of the 'statement' jigsaw. Board wise anyway. Then it'd be big money on big players.

If we ever got the go ahead for a new stadium by the waterfront. The feel-good factor surrounding the club would be fantastic. It would definitely relieve a lot of the negativity that fans have at the moment.

I voted stadium but is there any point in a brand new stadium if the team in it is down in the championship?

The biggest statement of intent we could do is go ahead and achieve something on the pitch. Go and finish top 4, win the league, win a trophy etc. Actually put the club in a position where a new stadium shows a real sign of intent rather than simply be a flashy new toy we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.