• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who else doesn't wanna see Mata go to United?, Big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me that will be a huge boost for United. Just a worry since the odds get slimmer on a Champions League place. Or am I just been overly concerned with other teams affairs? Kinda gives me a reality check when will we ever be at the stage of signing Mata for 40 million even if we got Champions League place. Negative I know . . :(

Not bothered at all. A massive panic buy to appease their growing number of impatient supporters, as shown by the fact the deal is happening at the end of January and not at the start. A player who has barely figured for Chelsea all season too.

Basically a Fellaini type signing - "Look at us, we're still big, we just splashed out a load of money, get us!"

On the contrary great move this, Jose doesn't play him for a reason ie over-hyped, busy enough but a recent graphic of his play nailed him - loads of nothing passes and only 3 into the box this in a chelsea side where everything goes through mid field.

Not a game changer (which is what they really need) nor major star and his preferred position is already filled - BY ROONEY!

It buys agent Moyes more time as this second coming will be announced to great fanfare but 3 weeks under Moyes his hammy will go more excuses about waiting till his team gets fit will last till next year.

They have more than enough to get 4th as it is we'll either see them the RS and Spurs off or we won't Mata isn't gonna be the difference.

Rooney will be off in the summer Bruce.

Does seem likely. In the short-term though I'm not sure it's a great signing. Januzaj has played well but the other wide men for United have been rubbish. Mata isn't really a wide man.

The thing is, they have good enough players to be doing a whole lot better than they are. I don't think their problem is a lack of talent.

So they've now got Mata and Kagawa that play in Rooney's preferred position. Makes sense.

Kagawa is just a squad player. Mata will go straight in the team. Rooney is off in the summer

Brilliant signing. Few more and United will be where they belong. Hes got 60m left as they gave him 100m didn't they? Needs to get CM, CBs and a LB IMO

It smacks of desperation. It would seem that the only reason they are going for Mata is because he might be available rather than them really having identified him as a target. As already said they already have Rooney in that position and out and out midfielders are what they really need.

On the contrary great move this, Jose doesn't play him for a reason ie over-hyped, busy enough but a recent graphic of his play nailed him - loads of nothing passes and only 3 into the box this in a chelsea side where everything goes through mid field.

Not a game changer (which is what they really need) nor major star and his preferred position is already filled - BY ROONEY!

It buys agent Moyes more time as this second coming will be announced to great fanfare but 3 weeks under Moyes his hammy will go more excuses about waiting till his team gets fit will last till next year.

They have more than enough to get 4th as it is we'll either see them the RS and Spurs off or we won't Mata isn't gonna be the difference.

In a nutshell

A huge shot in the arm.

United's share prices plummeted so the move for Mata can only be seen as their big calling card statement for 4th spot.

If Mata plays as he can it will transform their season. There is always the risk that he'll try too hard to impress, that Moyes won't get the best out of him or that it just won't work, like Torres at Chelsea.

Rooney wants to play up front with Van Persie. It was reported that he asked the club to buy Ozil, so he must want a playmaker. United have tried Kagawa and Januzaj there but it hasn't worked out. Mata is quality. If he goes there and does well it could persuade Fabregas or Herrera that United will be a flair team under Moyes and that they can still compete.

Chelsea will be silly to refuse 37 million for a player who hardly starts for them, plus Man u are not their rivals this season, its a blow to us, the rs and spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back