• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who else doesn't wanna see Mata go to United?, Big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great signing for Man U tbh, huge boost to morale to see somebody like that stroll up. Bad for us, but Jose's not stupid. Mata can't hurt Chelsea this season... Can hurt the others Chelsea are actually competing with!

Great signing for Man U tbh, huge boost to morale to see somebody like that stroll up. Bad for us, but Jose's not stupid. Mata can't hurt Chelsea this season... Can hurt the others Chelsea are actually competing with!

As someone else has already said, Mata can't hurt them this season, but next season, he can (Providing Moyes isn't there anyway). I think tonights result will have a completely detrimental effect on them myself anyway, so for me, it's damage limitation. Mata is making a big mistake, I can see Rooney and RVP leaving in the summer, along with Giggs, Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand, who may all be declining, but have winning mentality.

There's no guarantee of CL football, and for me, is just plain stupid by Mata.

They could spend £40m a lot more wisely in my view, but nevertheless they'll be improved dramatically by Mata

Suddenly have Mata, Rooney, Januzaj and Van Persie as the attacking quartet, can't argue with that talent.

But it's a panic buy - a marque player, ANY player, that'll boost morale. Case of whoever was available I think.

Agreed. They're crying out for a LB, and for me, they should have took Southampton's predicament and signed that Shaw up imo. With the spare £20m, they could have bought a CB or Centre Mid to sort them out. £40m for Mata is good, but they have RVP, Rooney already.

Has Mata actually agreed to go ?

I'm not really arsed about them signing him. They need an orthodox midfielder much more than an admittedly technically superb attacking mid who is prone to laziness and a lack of defensive output.

He'll improve them for sure, but it simply means Kagawa is pretty much out of the team and the starting eleven will again have to be re-shuffled. Rooney normally takes the CAM position, so do they play with two strikers now and Mata behind them ? If they do it means you're either going to be struggling to fit wide players in or you'll leave yourself open in the middle of the park.

City are the only team who really play with two up front, and that's because they're a team who will attack you off the pitch. I don't see that from a Moyes United.

Last edited:
Has Mata actually agreed to go ?

apparently yes. well chelsea have accepted the bid.

all apparentlys though. apparently he's told his his family and friends (no idea how journos know) that he's going to united and apparently he won't be going back to chelsea. apparently said bye to all chelsea players.

i'm sure he could get better suitors. think united are the only team desperate enough to pay that much for him though. can't imagine any other team would go above £10m-£15m under what they paid.

As someone else has already said, Mata can't hurt them this season, but next season, he can (Providing Moyes isn't there anyway). I think tonights result will have a completely detrimental effect on them myself anyway, so for me, it's damage limitation. Mata is making a big mistake, I can see Rooney and RVP leaving in the summer, along with Giggs, Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand, who may all be declining, but have winning mentality.

There's no guarantee of CL football, and for me, is just plain stupid by Mata.
Brilliant points mate, but Man U are already a fading force, but this tempory kick up the backside could benefit Chelsea this season... And as you said, next season Man U are gonna have to replace more players when they inevitably fade even More in which case, the mata effect will have worn off and they're still weak at the back (potentially up top too), with too many problems to challenge Chelsea/City next season.

lol at that, another desperation buy, Moyes was traveling around Europe last week and all he can think of doing now is buying a bench player for a wedge from a club in this country, amazing.

Wont help United at all, id be more worried if they bought a few players, but all the eggs in one reject basket is what a expect from that idiot.

Yeah, good point billy.

I honestly think if you have a team with those three fit even Moyes wont be able to screw it up.

I do believe us, Spurs and Liverpool are going to be battling for two EL places now.

I tell you what: if United miss out on 4th after throwing 37M at this signing Moyes' feet wont touch.

Moyes is still going to have problems. Van Persie is reportedly unhappy with how hard Moyes trains the side and is still some way off full fitness. And it's not always easy to tell how Rooney will react to a new arrival. He might decide that he's had enough of carrying United and let Mata take the slack. He might decide that he doesn't need to work back so much and can wait up front for the chances to arrive. If the Spaniard doesn't create the same number of chances as Wayne that might possibly hurt them.

Mata might not be the end of their spending either though.

If they can get RvP, Rooney and Fellaini fit at the same time it can't hurt their chances of moving up the league.

Chelsea don't have play united this season, but United have to play everyone else around Chelsea, so is mourinho being a bit of a genius and strengthening united?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back