• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who else doesn't wanna see Mata go to United?, Big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone else has already said, Mata can't hurt them this season, but next season, he can (Providing Moyes isn't there anyway). I think tonights result will have a completely detrimental effect on them myself anyway, so for me, it's damage limitation. Mata is making a big mistake, I can see Rooney and RVP leaving in the summer, along with Giggs, Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand, who may all be declining, but have winning mentality.

There's no guarantee of CL football, and for me, is just plain stupid by Mata.

There are 12 points between Chelsea and United with 16 games left to go. Man U have 48 points left to play for.

Could Chelsea lose 4 of their remaining games? They've got City (a), Liverpool (a) and tricky home matches against Newcastle, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal.

United are only 6 points behind fourth-placed Liverpool though. If they can close the gap and make the CL it will be worth tens of millions to them and will help them to bring in much better players next summer.

Why would you help a rival? There are strange things going on at Chelsea.

*They play Azpiliceuta at left back instead of Cole or Bertrand.
*Fair enough they made a £10m profit on De Bruyne.
*Why is David Luiz one minute the flavour of the month and the next they're offering to swap him?
*Why spend so much to bring Matic back to the club?
*Why the mysterious public spat with Lukaku?

There are 12 points between Chelsea and United with 16 games left to go. Man U have 48 points left to play for.

Could Chelsea lose 4 of their remaining games? They've got City (a), Liverpool (a) and tricky home matches against Newcastle, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal.

United are only 6 points behind fourth-placed Liverpool though. If they can close the gap and make the CL it will be worth tens of millions to them and will help them to bring in much better players next summer.

Why would you help a rival? There are strange things going on at Chelsea.

*They play Azpiliceuta at left back instead of Cole or Bertrand.
*Fair enough they made a £10m profit on De Bruyne.
*Why is David Luiz one minute the flavour of the month and the next they're offering to swap him?
*Why spend so much to bring Matic back to the club?
*Why the mysterious public spat with Lukaku?

On paper, it sounds easy enough, but in reality, it's not going to happen is it? It makes no sense to me as a whole anyway, because I can't see Chelsea getting anywhere near the league, City are vastly stronger.

United may be 6 points off Liverpool, but looking at their form through the season, you'd struggle to back them over their next run of fixtures. Liverpool and City visit Old Trafford, baring in mind that Everton, Newcastle, Spurs and West Brom have been there and won this season, with Southampton, Chelsea coming away with a point, i'd say that where they should be strongest, they'll actually stumble, they have to go to Newcastle, Southampton, Arsenal, Everton also, i'd say for 4th United won't come close.

For the points you're making, i reckon Mourinho is playing a well drilled system. Work Hard in training and show good attitude then you're gonna play, Ashley Cole strikes me as a egotistical individual, who automatically deserves a place. Apparently the reason for Mourinho not wanting to play Mata was his work ethic in training too, i think Mourinho made a point of saying Hazard has gone from worst to best in training, so i reckon something similar has happened with Lukaku (however, I still think it's because he doesn't think Lukaku is ready, hence why he tried and then sent away, in August).
The David Luiz business sounds like paper talk to me, nothing concrete was actually confirmed, just that Chelsea would listen to offers, but no actual truth in it, unless Mourinho says so!

But i think Mourinho isn't taking any messing this time round. I think he's looking for players to show they are commited, and i'd assume Lukaku, Cole, Bertrand (although he may just be 3rd choice) and Mata haven't shown enough to warrant being in the XI or in the team.

Well United aren't Chelsea's rivals anymore, so it's a no brainer to take that amount of cash for a bench player.

Played Jose, played.

Too many other holes in the squad.

Need at least one more midfielder and one top drawer CB.

Then, I might say that they could save their season (finishing fourth.)

This is the thing though (for me). I know City and Chelsea weren't as strong last year, but you can't tell me a club should go from champions to 6th in a matter of months having added Fellaini to their squad. He already has plenty of talent in the squad, he's just making a pigs ear of using it.

I mean the only player in their squad that's playing at or above his level is probably Januzaj. I can't think of anyone else. Kagawa was incredibly highly thought of at Dortmund. Nani was capable of 10+ a season. Valencia looks a shadow of his former self. Young was never a world beater but he's way off of his Villa levels. Fellaini is nowhere near his best.

Throw in that Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all appear on their way out, and their replacements are very ordinary (despite being £30 million worth of talent). Carrick is the wrong side of 30 as well.

United have a huge squad of international players. Moyes is just using them terribly.

The other thing to add is that even if his squad isn't good enough to challenge for the title, they're certainly good enough to beat relegation fodder Sunderland, absolutely no excuse for that, their B team should have been comfortable against them.

Phil Jones and Chris Smalling are good examples here. Young talent that was bought for a combined £26 million, yet they look a million miles from adequate replacements for Ferdinand and Vidic. Have either player improved since being at United?

Add in de Gea, Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney, Nani, Valencia, RVP and that's a lot of hugely expensive talent. Not many of those cost less than £15 million each. Moyes complained that he never had any money to spend with us, but he's inherited a massively expensive squad of talent + a huge transfer budget. To sit in 6th spot and be out of both cups is a pretty serious balls up.

I mean on reputation, their first team 'should' be better than ours. They've certainly got a lot more depth than we have. Yet they look ordinary. The Moysiah he is not.

Whenever we had a substantial amount of money he was poor with it in any event, so it doesn't surprise me to see him struggling to spend now he has even more. Think of when we sold Lescott for an absolute mint, we bought Bily and Heitinga :lol:. Obviously all managers have success and failure in the market, Ferguson himself has had his big flops, but Moyes was canny with a small budget. With a bigger one, I don't think he quite knows where to start.

It begs the question for me whether he knows how to play Championship winning football. He was at his best in almost dogs of war style stuff, and never really looked comfortable when he had to try and break down teams and set the tempo of matches.

When a player lik mata becomes available and if you have the money you gotta buy him.... He's absolute quality...... He was arguably the best player in the premier league last season.... Certainly in the top 3...... And let face it, 37 million for united is akin to us spending 10 million.

United have several issues but Mata will be a game changer for them nevertheless as he will make the most of ManYoo's weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back