• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who else doesn't wanna see Mata go to United?, Big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea will be silly to refuse 37 million for a player who hardly starts for them, plus Man u are not their rivals this season, its a blow to us, the rs and spurs.

That's it. I think it is a great buy for Man Utd to be honest. If it is possible to get a player like Mata you have to take your chance.

To me that will be a huge boost for United. Just a worry since the odds get slimmer on a Champions League place. Or am I just been overly concerned with other teams affairs? Kinda gives me a reality check when will we ever be at the stage of signing Mata for 40 million even if we got Champions League place. Negative I know . . :(

I'd say Juan Mata doesn't wanna see Juan Mata go to United

If Mata plays as he can it will transform their season. There is always the risk that he'll try too hard to impress, that Moyes won't get the best out of him or that it just won't work, like Torres at Chelsea.

Rooney wants to play up front with Van Persie. It was reported that he asked the club to buy Ozil, so he must want a playmaker. United have tried Kagawa and Januzaj there but it hasn't worked out. Mata is quality. If he goes there and does well it could persuade Fabregas or Herrera that United will be a flair team under Moyes and that they can still compete.

Yeah, good point billy.

I honestly think if you have a team with those three fit even Moyes wont be able to screw it up.

I do believe us, Spurs and Liverpool are going to be battling for two EL places now.

I tell you what: if United miss out on 4th after throwing 37M at this signing Moyes' feet wont touch.

Man u are basically tying to buy 4th, will this force the rs to spend big

my missus has just got back from her monthly meeting at Anfield. Barrett, Pearce and Beecroft were there and they said there isn't a sniff of a concrete move for any signings by the sh*** atm. Apparently Rogers goes to the board with signings he wants but its a panel of 4 and they vote to decide. They want young players with future sell on value and Mata had been offered to them but baulked at asking price. She came out of it quite pissed of tbh which is rare and she felt Barrett was quite harsh in his assessment of the sh***

Massive pressure on Mata to hit the ground running and save their season, he's deffo capable of it but not the ideal situation for him to be walking into.

Great player, but is that the position they need spending £40m on? We all know it isn't. Fourth is not guaranteed for them by no means

They could spend £40m a lot more wisely in my view, but nevertheless they'll be improved dramatically by Mata

Suddenly have Mata, Rooney, Januzaj and Van Persie as the attacking quartet, can't argue with that talent.

But it's a panic buy - a marque player, ANY player, that'll boost morale. Case of whoever was available I think.

cant understand what Mourinho is doing here. Not only selling him but selling him to a direct rival(traditionally speaking).

£40m for a bench player. It's like us receiving a £10m bid from Spurs for Osman - we'd snap their hands off.

It allows them to go for two players they perceive as useful for their system, foreseeably on top of Falcao.

cant understand what Mourinho is doing here. Not only selling him but selling him to a direct rival(traditionally speaking).

The way I see it is that he's selling a player he doesn't fancy for a lot of money to a team Chelsea have played twice and who could potentially take points of Chelsea's rivals with the assistance of Mata. Also don't think he has anything personal against Mata and probably feels he owes it to him, since he's frozen him out the first team.
Oh and it may be a way of greasing the wheels for a future rooney transfer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back