Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who is Guardiola leaving Bayern to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he's as good as he's made out to be!

I don't think so either. Would like to see what happens when he manages a club that doesn't have unlimited resources and actually has a competitive league.

You can never take your foot off the gas in the modern Prem. This season is showing that it's a constant grind and you can't take any result for granted.

(Unless you're playing Villa, that is.)

I think he'd turn out like LVG. Still put out a good side that challenges for top 4 consistently, but it wouldn't be any sort of dynasty.

Officially leaving at the end of the season with ancelloti taking over

Surely means he's joining another club

Man City, Man United and England jobs have all been mentioned over the past few weeks.
You got this bang on mate.

Nice one.

.....the indication is he's going to City but the door is opening to the biggest club in world football and managing United might be an attractive proposition.

.....the indication is he's going to City but the door is opening to the biggest club in world football and managing United might be an attractive proposition.
I think José's departure from Chelsea could be the catalyst for a managerial merry-go round in the near future.

Pep will obviously be first choice for both clubs you've mentioned, but José would be a quick and most probably successful alternative.

Go for Pep in the summer although you maybe lose out or go straight in for the not-so-special one any more. Tough choices.

I think José's departure from Chelsea could be the catalyst for a managerial merry-go round in the near future.

Pep will obviously be first choice for both clubs you've mentioned, but José would be a quick and most probably successful alternative.

Go for Pep in the summer although you maybe lose out or go straight in for the not-so-special one any more. Tough choices.

....unless it's all been agreed already.

Schweinstiger at United already.
Huge bid for muller.

Pep strolls in and snots the Prem.

....unless it's all been agreed already.
I'd presume it already is or was, at least in principle, if he's already announced to leave Bayern. You'd expect negotiations to have took place.

José's departure though and Van Gaal's position looking tenuous at best may have changed all that. I think we'll find out pretty soon.

Still find it strange that he's already left Bayern without winning the Champions League with them. Isn't that the big litmus test of success?

Maybe they'll do it this year but it's a odd in my opinion. Snotting the Bundesliga with the squad he hasn't isn't the biggest achievement.

.....the timing at United has to be an attractive proposition (for Mourinho or Guardiola). Whoever stepped into the hot seat after SAF was on a hiding to nothing but 2 relative failures since changes that landscape.
The problem is that I think the Manure job will not be a particularly easy one as the squad isn't particularly special; lots of expensive mediocrity.

Rooney's past his best. I'm still not sure why pundits are rating Martial as an exceptional player; I've certainly not seen it! Depay?

They've then got an abundance of costly defenders and midfielders who are not going to be able to play as Pep would want them to do.

The only players there who I genuinely rate highly are Mata De Gea. Yes they'll get loads of money to spunk, but it isn't a quick job.

But maybe that's where the challenge is... I just wonder if they'll see it like that as they have reputations to uphold, especially José.

City's squad on the whole isn't particularly remarkable either, but it does have the likes of Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne and Kompany who are class.

Much easier to build a successful squad there as the basis is there and they have lots of cash as well.

.....the timing at United has to be an attractive proposition (for Mourinho or Guardiola). Whoever stepped into the hot seat after SAF was on a hiding to nothing but 2 relative failures since changes that landscape.
Pep has always stated he wants early retirement. Last job United, pair of years, hand over to Giggs.
Sorted.

They're not a tippy top team with the resources of a City or United

They're not big enough for him at the end of the day

I just laugh when perennial 4th place arsenal think they're still one of the big boys

Must be a pretty rubbish manager if he can only succeed when he has both a winning team handed him on a plate + vast fortunes to spend making this winning team even stronger. There surely comes a time when playing Football Manager in cheat mode must become a bit dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back