Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who is Guardiola leaving Bayern to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has always stated he wants early retirement. Last job United, pair of years, hand over to Giggs.
Sorted.

......I just wonder if City are a better fit and might already have him signed-up. They are already in a position where they can win the Premiership next season and have limitless funds at his disposal. We'll soon find out.

I think he'd be more interested in Arsenal than Utd.

City seem favourites because of his connections behind the scenes but Londons bright lights may be more of an attraction to him and his family.

...I understand United are the biggest football franchise in the world but I might have that wrong.

Are they? Pretty certain Madrid top everything apart from commercial deals which ard topped by Bayern.

United are far from being the worlds biggest club

Rankings as of Sep 14, 2015.[1]

Rank

Team
Value ($B)[2]

1 Real Madrid Football 3.26
2 Dallas Cowboys American football 3.2
New York Yankees Baseball 3.2
4 FC Barcelona Football 3.16
5 Manchester United Football 3.1
6 Los Angeles Lakers Basketball 2.6
New England Patriots American football 2.6
8 New York Knicks Basketball 2.5
9 Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball 2.4
Washington Redskins American football 2.4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_sports_teams

Would love to see some of these "amazing" managers manage clubs with half the budget and half the clout..

Absolutely. The TV deal has introduced a tiny morsel of financial evenness in the Premiership and guess what? Klopp, Mourinho, Van Gaal etc all start to look very very ordinary indeed.

I don't rate Guardiola at all. What did he do at Barcelona that Enrique is not doing? What has he done at Munich that Heynckes didn't do?

To use a racing analogy All he does is competently steer odds-on favourites round the track. Let's see him win on an outsider !!!

He won't even take the United job......too scared of a high profile failure without the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Robben, Muller etc etc etc to win for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back