Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Who is Guardiola leaving Bayern to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see some of these "amazing" managers manage clubs with half the budget and half the clout..

Exactly. I said the same in a thread recently about 'top' players and how it would be nice if they made a real difference to a side that doesn't normally challenge rather than go somewhere where success is almost guaranteed.

Reactions: rbm
He's going to City and the deal has been done for a long time. All the talk about him preferring Utd is just the typical bollocks that Utd's pr machine pump out in a constant and never ending stream of bullshit. "biggest club in the world" "650 Million fans" it's all nonsense.
Aside from the obvious connections with Txiki and Soriano, and Pellegrini saying he would like Pep to manage City in the future, the biggest clue was City buying Girona FC's main transfer targets and immediately loaning them to Girona before they had even trained with us. I don't think they've ever actually set foot in Manchester.
Girona are owned/part owned by Pere Guardiola, Pep's brother. Pep is coming to Manchester.

Rankings as of Sep 14, 2015.[1]

Rank

Team
Value ($B)[2]

1 Real Madrid Football 3.26
2 Dallas Cowboys American football 3.2
New York Yankees Baseball 3.2
4 FC Barcelona Football 3.16
5 Manchester United Football 3.1
6 Los Angeles Lakers Basketball 2.6
New England Patriots American football 2.6
8 New York Knicks Basketball 2.5
9 Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball 2.4
Washington Redskins American football 2.4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_sports_teams
Still always surprised by the washington redskins. Didn't know the DC draw was worth that much

He has but I was thinking that he may have left the coffers depleted.

No chance of that, United blow everyone out the water money wise. City have unreliably rich owners but they're all trying to build to get were United already are.

There kit deal alone, not including training kit or merchandise is absurd. The biggest kit deal in football history, a deal adidas must be losing on but want to be associated with United so are prepared to do so. They get more to wear an adidas kit per season than our whole turnover as far as I am aware.

a change of manager at Arsenal I think will see them properly challenge personally . Providing it is the right appointment . Wenger is possibly too set in his ways to see them challenge all the time. Though he will never have a better chance of winning the title than this season
I agree

Exactly. I said the same in a thread recently about 'top' players and how it would be nice if they made a real difference to a side that doesn't normally challenge rather than go somewhere where success is almost guaranteed.

Don't agree with this really. If they've proven they're at the top level why would they choose to take a step down and turn down the chance to maximise their talent and work alongside people less talented than them?

Girona?

He's gone from Barca to Bayern then logically would go to Man Utd...

However if he goes to City it will be interesting to see if he builds something as a legacy or just buys the league

These supposed top managers now arent building anything in the way that Ferguson did.

Look at Martinez, building a legacy with us...

Thats how you quantify success... @davek

He's going to City and the deal has been done for a long time. All the talk about him preferring Utd is just the typical bollocks that Utd's pr machine pump out in a constant and never ending stream of bullshit. "biggest club in the world" "650 Million fans" it's all nonsense.
Aside from the obvious connections with Txiki and Soriano, and Pellegrini saying he would like Pep to manage City in the future, the biggest clue was City buying Girona FC's main transfer targets and immediately loaning them to Girona before they had even trained with us. I don't think they've ever actually set foot in Manchester.
Girona are owned/part owned by Pere Guardiola, Pep's brother. Pep is coming to Manchester.

Girona?

He's gone from Barca to Bayern then logically would go to Man Utd...

However if he goes to City it will be interesting to see if he builds something as a legacy or just buys the league

These supposed top managers now arent building anything in the way that Ferguson did.

Look at Martinez, building a legacy with us...

Thats how you quantify success... @davek
That's the plan mate. As Roberto stated in his last press conference before Christmas: chopping and changing at the top is part of the English football culture now, but it's no basis for creating a quality team. Quite correct. Never has been and never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back