• Keane

• Holgate

• Godfrey

• Branthwaite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully none of them

Ideally would like a left-footed CB to come in to partner him. Someone tall, good in the air, quick enough and who is decent with the ball. That's probably a £50m player I'm describing there, but you'd hope there's one out there we can find.

Think Lampard rates Godfrey and Mina higher than the rest so it would presumably one of those two to partner Tarkowski.

Still absolutely amazing how some fans rate Keane. If Holgate Godfrey or Branthwaite had made the errors he had on such a consistent basis they’d be getting hounded out. He really does get away with absolute murder on here. Never known such a poor player get a consistent free pass from some of the fans.

Fair point, but they would under Sam Allardyce to and we know how that plays out.

The point is, centre halfs at Burnley really do benefit from a whole setup that compliments them.

Burnley, under Dyche, and a settled defence vs Everton who broke a record for most defensive configurations last season.

If Tarkowski had been at Everton the past 3 years and Keane at Burnley, this thread would likely be reversed.

So no one paid any attention to his interview then? He can play football he's not a Burnley grock.

See this finish?

Phwoar.

The point is, centre halfs at Burnley really do benefit from a whole setup that compliments them.

Burnley, under Dyche, and a settled defence vs Everton who broke a record for most defensive configurations last season.

If Tarkowski had been at Everton the past 3 years and Keane at Burnley, this thread would likely be reversed.

See this finish?

Phwoar.

When did I call Keane a Burnley grock? I've always said on here he's good on the ball.

When did I call Keane a Burnley grock? I've always said on here he's good on the ball.

When did I say you called Keane a Burnley grock?
Alright lads.. nothing to see here.. come on just get in the cab, we’ve all had a good night … let’s go get a kebab.

I’d also play tarko on his own as the rest are crap ?

Then why show me a video of Keane doing non-Burnley grock stuff?

Because Tarkowski not being a "Burnley grock" (which you brought in without any prompt) doesn't mean he'll definitely improve our side.

Because, well, Michael Keane.

Hope we're not in for a shock.

Keane kept Tarkowski out of he Burnley team.

Burnley fans tend to rate Keane higher.

Dyche probably knows defenders more than most and Dyche preferred Keane.

Burnley's setup compliments a certain type of centre half really well.

Maybe Tarkowski will be better suited in a more expansive side (him playing some games in midfield for Burnley would suggest so) - Lampard wanted him for Chelsea. Given the defenders he had available to him there, he clearly rates him very highly.

See this finish?

Phwoar.

Thats a fair point, at this point and we would be unwise not to have that concern. But then a counter point is we had an a awful defensive record last year, but had one of the best in the league the season before - with the same players - so our defenders are capable under the right manager - i know that backs up your point as well.

I dont see all our defenders and Keane as abysmal, i think players like Keane have been victims of the manure behind the scenes and a lack of consistency in managers , last season we had woeful injuries there and bad luck, they have strengths and weakness we know etc. With Tarowski, hes got to the point were hes got national recognition, the challenge is hes coming to less stable environment. Looks a good one to me, he stood out for individual quality, in a team limited for that, even in a complimentary system.

Because Tarkowski not being a "Burnley grock" (which you brought in without any prompt) doesn't mean he'll definitely improve our side.

Because, well, Michael Keane.

But every part of Michael Keane we want to replace, his timidness, his reactive playstyle, his lax style is the exact opposite of what we've seen from Tarkowski in the PL. I'm not saying he's going to be the best centre half since Jags but the parts of Keane I don't like I personally don't see in Tarkowski.

The reason I mentioned Burnley grock is people keep saying "can he play in a 3, he's from Burnley all they do is defend deep" etc. but he even said himself in his interview he was known as a ball-playing defender before Burnley - after arriving there had to actually adapt to Dyche's style which should give us confidence he is not locked in to that style.

Thats a fair point, at this point and we would be unwise not to have that concern. But then a counter point is we had an a awful defensive record last year, but had one of the best in the league the season before - with the same players - so our defenders are capable under the right manager - i know that backs up your point as well.

I dont see all our defenders and Keane as abysmal, i think players like Keane have been victims of the manure behind the scenes and a lack of consistent in managers, they have stregths and weakness we know etc. With Tarowski, hes got to the point were hes got national recognition, the challenge is hes coming to less stable environment. Looks a good one to me, he stood out for individual quality, in a team limited for that, even in a complimentary system
are you trying to make a point? ;)

Dyche probably knows defenders more than most and Dyche preferred Keane.

Burnley's setup compliments a certain type of centre half really well.

Maybe Tarkowski will be better suited in a more expansive side (him playing some games in midfield for Burnley would suggest so) - Lampard wanted him for Chelsea. Given the defenders he had available to him there, he clearly rates him very highly.
Michael Keane, despite the abuse he gets, is a decent defender when he is limited to playing a deep line and is not expected to carry the ball out from defence.

That was ideal for Burnley's style of play.

Tarkowski seems more expansive.

Status
Not open for further replies.