Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we wait to see what Frank can do with a couple of signings ? Or do we go all out for Poch and he brings a few in. Either way, we desperately need new signings, i don't think many people will get much of a tune out of this crop.

I've a feeling we will give Frank more time

As thelwell didn’t have a say in appointing Lampard I’d expect him to have a list of candidates he’d recommend for the job. However, we thought the same about brands and the club continued to undermine him and appoint managers he didn’t want. So if/when Lampard gets the bullet we’ll see who’s calling the shots. If it’s Martinez or Moyes we’ll know bill is still running the show. Him and moshiri shouldn’t be anywhere near the discussion of who replaces Lampard.

As thelwell didn’t have a say in appointing Lampard I’d expect him to have a list of candidates he’d recommend for the job. However, we thought the same about brands and the club continued to undermine him and appoint managers he didn’t want. So if/when Lampard gets the bullet we’ll see who’s calling the shots. If it’s Martinez or Moyes we’ll know bill is still running the show. Him and moshiri shouldn’t be anywhere near the discussion of who replaces Lampard.
I'm not sure Kevin Thelwell should be either if his recruitment success rate is any guide to his ability to pick a winner.

Has to be Martinez for me till the end of the season. He's good from an attacking sense, which is what we badly need. Leave the defending to Coady & Tarkowski. Too late to bring in a total noob to the club, should have done that a month ago to let them bed in.

Surely not Roberto? Is there another Martinez?

Martinez began the rot were in now. His lack of disciplinary, effort control mirrored here and in the Belgium job, which is why he’s consistently been a failure wherever he’s been.

If you’re replacing Lampard, at least let’s not replace him with a fella who doesn’t like to defend ever.

Do we wait to see what Frank can do with a couple of signings ? Or do we go all out for Poch and he brings a few in. Either way, we desperately need new signings, i don't think many people will get much of a tune out of this crop.

I've a feeling we will give Frank more time
Giving Frank more time is suicide. This isn't a blip for Frank. He gets us about 1 point per game since he's come in, on average.

We wont ever get Poch in our current state
None of the above candidates are appealing.
If we are going to hire some muck, might as well have a laugh while doing it.
So i say Dyche or Rooney.
At least we can all have a laugh while we go down

Surely not Roberto? Is there another Martinez?

Martinez began the rot were in now. His lack of disciplinary, effort control mirrored here and in the Belgium job, which is why he’s consistently been a failure wherever he’s been.

If you’re replacing Lampard, at least let’s not replace him with a fella who doesn’t like to defend ever.
Yes surely Roberto. He guided us to a 5th place finish and on a European campaign. Almost an FA cup final but for a illegal goal in a semi final v MU. Guided Belgium to a WC semi final and won the FA CUP with Wigan. All managers ultimately fail hence the short shelf life. its the initial impression that's important. Martinez would bring attacking flair and positivity to the place. We have good defenders at the club, we need attackers. Maybe he can pull a few rabbits out of the hat like he did years ago with Lukaku and Deulofeu. And get more out of the current crop.

Don't get these "we'll never get Pochitino" shouts at all.

Wolves & Villa where in exactly the same predicament as us , both are no bigger clubs than us yet they go out & get Unia Emery & Lopetegui that have a much higher standing in the game than Pochetino.
Imo he & Tuchel are exactly the managers we should target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back