Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably why he wants to appoint a head of recruitment, still not sure why this wasn't one of the first roles that was filled myself.

Thought exactly the same thing when they announced last week as on their to do list.ffs hel be here two windows by Feb, no rush lads.

Worryingly for me I believe Thelwel still needs to report to a technical committee on his plans, we can all guess it’s membership.

Yes surely Roberto. He guided us to a 5th place finish and on a European campaign. Almost an FA cup final but for a illegal goal in a semi final v MU. Guided Belgium to a WC semi final and won the FA CUP with Wigan. All managers ultimately fail hence the short shelf life. its the initial impression that's important. Martinez would bring attacking flair and positivity to the place. We have good defenders at the club, we need attackers. Maybe he can pull a few rabbits out of the hat like he did years ago with Lukaku and Deulofeu. And get more out of the current crop.

Martinez had home many good players at his disposal?

Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, and he made us worse.

You don’t win trophies for Semi final appearances, (which includes a big bottle job against a terrible Man United at Wembley).

He had an excellent defence and we were a shambles. We couldn’t defend.

You stay in the league by keeping clean sheets and scoring goals. No point in us scoring 4 if we’re conceding 5 every week.

Martinez should be swerved, every single time.

Tommy Tuchel for me, ticks the boxes

Is available
Good CV
Tactically sound
Has been interested in the job previous

I swear he’s mentioned that he’s watched us at Goodison a few times when he was younger as well unless I’m getting mixed up with somebody else.

But anyway, the outstanding candidate of who is available. Would be as impactful as the Ancelotti appointment imo

Think it's a matter of time whether it's a loss to Brighton or a loss to Southampton that is the death blow. The club will not have a plan regardless

Is available
Good CV
Tactically sound

I swear he’s mentioned that he’s watched us at Goodison a few times when he was younger as well unless I’m getting mixed up with somebody else.

But anyway, the outstanding candidate of who is available. Would be as impactful as the Ancelotti appointment imo
You forgot your RAWK login or something?

Do we wait to see what Frank can do with a couple of signings ? Or do we go all out for Poch and he brings a few in. Either way, we desperately need new signings, i don't think many people will get much of a tune out of this crop.

I've a feeling we will give Frank more time

Lampard is a cack manager that is going to take Everton down and then tell everyone that the fault lays elsewhere, so that the moronic board give him the opportunity to fail in the Championship!

The only reason that he hasn't been sacked already is because our board doesn't have a clue. Moshiri is a proxy owner with the real owner being a sanctioned Russian oligarch. Kenwright is an old age pensioner and doesn't have a clue where to look for a new manager.

Thought exactly the same thing when they announced last week as on their to do list.ffs hel be here two windows by Feb, no rush lads.

Worryingly for me I believe Thelwel still needs to report to a technical committee on his plans, we can all guess it’s membership.
This bugs the hell out of me tbh, he only identifies the targets then has to go back to Kenwright/DBB so they can do the negotiations. Just another layer of interference from the board so that Kenwright and co can have the final say if they want too.

Is available
Good CV
Tactically sound

Tuchel will have no interest in us. Unlike Ancelotti, he is not "on the way down" career-wise just yet. Carlo had done it all by the time he rocked up at Goodison. We were a nice adventure, a money-earner, with no great strings attached. Tuchel will have his eye on Bayern Munich, a top CL side, and eventually the German national team. I can't see him lowering his sights to the Toffees, sadly.

Pochettino might be a slightly more realistic option given that he has been overlooked for quite a few jobs to this point. But even he will have grander plans than joining our sinking ship.

We are not the club that lured Carlo anymore. Moshiri is AWOL, Usmanov is sanctioned, and Bill is back at the wheel. We'll be fishing in Rooney, Martinez, and Nuno waters now, at best.

Aren't we all forgetting the fact we can't afford your Pochies and Tuchel's (pure delusion)?

We've apparently spent £50million on sacking managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back