Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads, we're bottom of the league. "Playing good football" is an indulgence in these circumstances. It's an affectation. The style of football is IRRELEVANT if it gets us safe. We don't have the luxury of picking a manager based on artistic expression. This is not ice skating, but we are ice skating on our top flight status right now and there are huge cracks forming. Let's not fall through looking for a triple Salchow.

Another short term appointment then?
Based purely on desperation rather than ambition or any inkling of long term strategy?
Another change in style?
With the vague intention to change the style of football once again in the near future and reintroduce the instability this entails.
These are the kind of decisions that have cumulatively delivered us into this mess in the first place.
It’s a cycle that is continuing to deliver diminishing returns.
Dyche is a second rate manager who delivers second rate football,
Appoint a manager capable of delivering progressive ambitious football and provide support for him.
Think long term strategy for once.
Appointing Dyche will not save our PL status.
And it will confirm us finally as a small time club with no long term strategy and absolutely no intention of competing for any honours at all.
What you say makes perfect sense, but are you accepting relegation for the long term good? Any manager coming in here trying ambitious positive progressive football has nowhere near enough time. Better managers than we will attract go into new clubs and try this during the summer break, and still have blips up until Xmas. We have no room for blips at all.

We’d go down fighting maybe, and wouldn’t need to start afresh next year, but surely we’d have to be content that we are down and just setting this up for the long term? Which I sort of am? I think.

But emery for example is a better coach than dyche? Proved it at Sevilla/Villarreal with not having heaps of money, so new players or not he’d have a better stab to get the players playing better?

People making out like dyche is some sort of tactical genius. The problem is that / like you said - imo it’s too late in the day to get those level of coaches in so you’re settling for someone like dyche.
Couldn’t cope with the lack of coughing

Emery and Lopetegui both knew that they would have a substacial amount of funds available for new players when they signed. Sadly, we don't. As a said, we need somebody to get the curent squad to perform better and to be more competitiv. He's in my eyes, the manager most likely to do this.
Except we need the attack fixing not the defence
We won’t survive on 0-0 draws,
Personally couldn’t think of a manager more unsuited to our situation.

Dyche X1

………………… Pickford……………….

Coleman……Tarkowski..Keane….Myko

Gordon…….Gana…Davies…….McNeil

……………..Simms…Lewin…………….

Except we need the attack fixing not the defence
We won’t survive on 0-0 draws,
Personally couldn’t think of a manager more unsuited to our situation.
It's the midfield that's the problem. We get overrun every week. We either sit to deep and can't get forward or when we do get forward we get hit on the break and continually get swamped in midfield.

Dyche X1

………………… Pickford……………….

……………..Simms…Lewin…………….
Moyes X1:

---------------Pickford-------------

-------Tarkowski------Coady-------Godfrey

Iwobi-------------------------------------Mc Neil

---------------Garner----------Onana

----???-------------Anotonio--------Danjuma

??? = i hope a new signing, but it might be Gray or Gordon

Dyche X1

………………… Pickford……………….

……………..Simms…Lewin…………….
hed drop Onana, Coady & Iwobi ?

more like

………………… Pickford……………….

Coleman……Tarkowski..Coady….Godfrey

Iwobi…….Gana…Onana…….McNeil

……………..Maupay…Lewin…………….

Dyche doesn't get us playing good football but he will organise and make us harder to beat.

If we add more attacking players to our squad, I don't see how we can't win 6/7 games and pick up a few draws needed.

Lampard should've gone after we got beat by Wolves then a manager could have used the home games v Brighton and Southampton as a platform to start winning games.
All of this is how I see it

What you say makes perfect sense, but are you accepting relegation for the long term good? Any manager coming in here trying ambitious positive progressive football has nowhere near enough time. Better managers than we will attract go into new clubs and try this during the summer break, and still have blips up until Xmas. We have no room for blips at all.

We’d go down fighting maybe, and wouldn’t need to start afresh next year, but surely we’d have to be content that we are down and just setting this up for the long term? Which I sort of am? I think.
I think that’s where I am the moment.
I haven’t lost all hope but it’s now more about the overall state of the club.
Some form of zombie like survival won’t improve our position in the short or long term.
We now need radical restructuring and if we are to sack Lampard I would prefer we appoint a manager to carry us forward into a brave future.
Not one who will have us cowering in the corner thereby dishonouring the great Everton sides and the very ethos of the club I support.
We have had enough of those appointments already!

Totally agree with you. I don't think a lot of our fanbase would accept dropping a division or two so that we could start afresh with a project. And who's to say that the project (as good as an idea it is) would work. The last three managers pushing for the job has been Benitez, Pereira and Lampard. Hardly the cream of the crop.
Sadly, with the current owner and the current board, just surviving will be concidered a sucess for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back