Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draws won’t save us now.
And neither will Dyche.
We will just be lumbering ourselves with a small time manager whose inevitable dismissal will cost us latitude in the future ability to strengthen the team.
I repeat again our main problem this season has been scoring goals and Dyche is spectacularly unsuited to solving this problem.
His appointment would be a dismal suicide note from Everton F.C.
It wouldn’t be merely accepting failure, it would be embracing it.
We would thoroughly deserve relegation for abject cowardice.

But that's a current issue clearly identified before the January window...that needs to be addressed whoever is incharge.

But the idea is that rather than losing games like we are, we turn them into draws, at least, with more experience at the helm.

Burnley had the 2nd highest amount of draws last season (14) for example. We need points.

But that's a current issue clearly identified before the January window...that needs to be addressed whoever is incharge.

But the idea is that rather than losing games like we are, we turn them into draws, at least, with more experience at the helm.

Burnley had the 2nd highest amount of draws last season (14) for example. We need points.

it will be dyche or nuno

it could be f n pep were still down

Draws won’t save us now.
And neither will Dyche.
We will just be lumbering ourselves with a small time manager whose inevitable dismissal will cost us latitude in the future ability to strengthen the team.
I repeat again our main problem this season has been scoring goals and Dyche is spectacularly unsuited to solving this problem.
His appointment would be a dismal suicide note from Everton F.C.
It wouldn’t be merely accepting failure, it would be embracing it.
We would thoroughly deserve relegation for abject cowardice.
Dont disagree with what you are saying but who is the answer.? People are suggestion we can’t afford to pay off team Lampard so paying compo to another club looks unlikely,we’re asking someone to come in with 9 days left of the transfer window with little or no money to spend with a team shot of confidence .
The change should have happened after Bournemouth to give the new manager 5 weeks with the crap squad we have to see if he could put a glint on the turd he inherited and gave him a full window to try and add something to move it on.

Would you have said the same about Eddie Howe?
I would have been sceptical about his ability to change our trajectory, certainly.
But the fact he is a progressive manager whose teams have always scored goals would have given more hope than appointing a manager whose approach is purely defensive.
We have to score goals and win games now and neither of those requirements will be delivered by Dyche.
Burnley replaced him with a progressive manager in Kompany and now that team is flying out of the Championship.

Not convinced any manager can save us now, we need someone who can play better football for a start and prepare for the championship

Not convinced any manager can save us now, we need someone who can play better football for a start and prepare for the championship
I am with you mate, I think this season we have showed nothing to convince me we can fight to stay up. Maybe Dyche would get something out of them and put a bit of fight in them...WHO KNOWS !!!

Dont disagree with what you are saying but who is the answer.? People are suggestion we can’t afford to pay off team Lampard so paying compo to another club looks unlikely,we’re asking someone to come in with 9 days left of the transfer window with little or no money to spend with a team shot of confidence .
The change should have happened after Bournemouth to give the new manager 5 weeks with the crap squad we have to see if he could put a glint on the turd he inherited and gave him a full window to try and add something to move it on.
Personally I would move heaven and earth to persuade Gallardo to come here.
I wouldn’t even expect him to save us at this point but would guarantee him the support to rebuild the team and get promotion at the first attempt,
Burnley have done the same in appointing Kompany and are now reaping the rewards,
There are undoubtedly many other up and coming managers around the world who would accept the challenge and it should be Thelwell’s job to locate and appoint them,
If all else fails and we do sack Lampard with no other option beyond the Kettering Klown , I would appoint Ferguson until the end of the season , then see where we stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back