Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It mystifies me.
Two clubs who were recently in trouble with us sack their managers and appoint top class replacement in Lopetgui and Emery.
Here some people can’t see past the twice relegated Kettering Klown !!
What you fail to mention is three very important points. Wolves and Villa made the changes before the WC, thus giving the new managers plenty of time to assess the squads and to see what changes had to be made. Unlike Everton, both Wolves and Villa have money to spend on new players. Third and finally, there's isn't the unrest in either of these clubs that we're going through at the moment, something I'm pretty sure a lot of managers are aware of.

What the club needs now, is basically somebody to come in and make an impact at once. Somebody who'll let the players know that if they don't perform they will be dropped the next match. We have still 18 matches left to play, so there's still time to get the points we need to survive. The manager most likely to do this is Sean Dyche. He wouldn't be in my top 10 managers if things were normal at the club, but as things stand, desperate times calls for desperate measures. Give him a contract of 1,5 years (2,5 at most) and if he's managed to stable the ship, then the club can start looking for the next and hopefully better manager.

Don’t let the fans chose the manager. I thought we have learnt.
True.
But Dyche will not have the same inspirational effect on us supporters as Lampards appointment did last season.
Considering many attribute our slender survival to the supporters passion that has to be factor to consider.
Thats simply not true.

Quite eye opening to continue to see posters wanting YET ANOTHER manager sacked due to the inactive board.

LIke something will magically change with a different manager and the same players unable to score.

Swap Lampard for anyone and the forward players stay the same.
You seriously think are first 11 is 19th place quality?. Yeah the are crap but compared to other teams around us, Bournemouth being an example

What you fail to mention is three very important points. Wolves and Villa made the changes before the WC, thus giving the new managers plenty of time to assess the squads and to see what changes had to be made. Unlike Everton, both Wolves and Villa have money to spend on new players. Third and finally, there's isn't the unrest in either of these clubs that we're going through at the moment, something I'm pretty sure a lot of managers are aware of.

What the club needs now, is basically somebody to come in and make an impact at once. Somebody who'll let the players know that if they don't perform they will be dropped the next match. We have still 18 matches left to play, so there's still time to get the points we need to survive. The manager most likely to do this is Sean Dyche. He wouldn't be in my top 10 managers if things were normal at the club, but as things stand, desperate times calls for desperate measures. Give him a contract of 1,5 years (2,5 at most) and if he's managed to stable the ship, then the club can start looking for the next and hopefully better manager.
You say all this - but surely what the club needs is just the best coach available. If you think that’s dyche then fair enough.

If emery or lopetegui were available - then they’d be a better option than dyche imo. I do feel there are options out there (not necessarily with prem experience) that would be able to turn us around or at least gives a s a chance.

I have to say I am on the fence with dyche. I get people just want someone who is solid and will be able to get us playing in some form of basic shape but I can’t help but feeling he is the wrong appointment. Prove me wrong Dychey.

You are aware that when you sack a manager you dont have to pay his full contract up in one go...... Usually the severance package is agreed and the club would pay them monthly...
However, if FFP or P&S are still part of the problem, this doesn’t matter. The moment we sign off on his severance (if it is a severance payment rather than gardening leave with salary) and become contractually liable, ALL of it hits this years Profit and Loss Account. Even if agreed we can pay him over 5 years interest free. Can’t account for bad news on a cash basis basically.

Given the last few weeks on and off pitch antics, money won’t be the biggest obstacle getting players or managers in now.

You say all this - but surely what the club needs is just the best coach available. If you think that’s dyche then fair enough.

If emery or lopetegui were available - then they’d be a better option than dyche imo. I do feel there are options out there (not necessarily with prem experience) that would be able to turn us around or at least gives a s a chance.

I have to say I am on the fence with dyche. I get people just want someone who is solid and will be able to get us playing in some form of basic shape but I can’t help but feeling he is the wrong appointment. Prove me wrong Dychey.

it’s how your run mate. wolves villa. sack they’re men for being crap and then have a plan

we don’t have a f n clue

Emery and Lopetegui both knew that they would have a substacial amount of funds available for new players when they signed. Sadly, we don't. As a said, we need somebody to get the curent squad to perform better and to be more competitiv. He's in my eyes, the manager most likely to do this.

Dyche doesn't get us playing good football but he will organise and make us harder to beat.

If we add more attacking players to our squad, I don't see how we can't win 6/7 games and pick up a few draws needed.

Lampard should've gone after we got beat by Wolves then a manager could have used the home games v Brighton and Southampton as a platform to start winning games.

Another short term appointment then?
Based purely on desperation rather than ambition or any inkling of long term strategy?
Another change in style?
With the vague intention to change the style of football once again in the near future and reintroduce the instability this entails.
These are the kind of decisions that have cumulatively delivered us into this mess in the first place.
It’s a cycle that is continuing to deliver diminishing returns.
Dyche is a second rate manager who delivers second rate football,
Appoint a manager capable of delivering progressive ambitious football and provide support for him.
Think long term strategy for once.
Appointing Dyche will not save our PL status.
And it will confirm us finally as a small time club with no long term strategy and absolutely no intention of competing for any honours at all.

Dyche doesn't get us playing good football but he will organise and make us harder to beat.

If we add more attacking players to our squad, I don't see how we can't win 6/7 games and pick up a few draws needed.

Lampard should've gone after we got beat by Wolves then a manager could have used the home games v Brighton and Southampton as a platform to start winning games.
New managers will always go for solidity if they have had 2 days to prepare the team. Would have been much better to do this against Southampton and West Ham, steady the ship and get a couple of points rather than against Arsenal and RS. More rank amateurism, let’s just give him 2 more chances.

Emery and Lopetegui both knew that they would have a substacial amount of funds available for new players when they signed. Sadly, we don't. As a said, we need somebody to get the curent squad to perform better and to be more competitiv. He's in my eyes, the manager most likely to do this.
But emery for example is a better coach than dyche? Proved it at Sevilla/Villarreal with not having heaps of money, so new players or not he’d have a better stab to get the players playing better?

People making out like dyche is some sort of tactical genius. The problem is that / like you said - imo it’s too late in the day to get those level of coaches in so you’re settling for someone like dyche.

Unless the new manager is given funds to build a brand new team, it won’t matter a jot this season.

These lot have thrown the towel in.

We need a minimum 3-4 new faces in to change this god awful starting XI, the main crux of them are serial losers and cowards on a football pitch.

Like we did with big Sam and looked what's happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back