Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if we're rebuilding, and with Dyche and any other option there are no guarantees that we're going to survive, why not build the team with Rooney or Big Dunc? I would say Rooney and you give him 2 years whatever happen. He's got as much experience as Lampard and his Derby experience was decent, and he could build something from scratch if he's got the inclination.
That was not enough experience for the latter? I think Rooney to be fair is a better manager than Frank is, but what is this debate. Removed of his connection to Everton or his stature as a player we wouldn't be having this conversation at least yet. The same was true of Frank. Lampard's ability to score goals from the midfield has inflated a managerial resume that otherwise wouldn't have him close to a job the size as ours. Make fun of Southampton hiring a Luton manager, Nathan Jones has been a professional gaffer for almost a decade and had better rationale than Lampard's appointment or then a Rooney hypothetical.

We are damaged goods at this point so any names are frankly worth a discussion but I think we need more scrutinizing rationale for a manager hire than ever and cut out the celebrity aspects of an appointment now. Even if the pool is small or leads us to appointing someone we all havent heard of it does not change our ability to make an intelligent calculus initially. The red flags were everywhere with Lampard, Rafael and frankly Carlo as well in correlation to what this job needed. We may get this hire wrong too but one of the main reasons we are in this mess is talking ourselves into managers being a fit, projecting only the most optimistic outcome and omitting glaring holes that likely should have steered us away in the first place.

I hope the board or Thelwell are connected with a good sense of international managers which I think they'd be wise to favor. Sadly I doubt thats the case.

You compared him with Klopp, Guardiola etc who had already beem at the top level

Potter had already joined a smaller club first from Scandinavia. Exactly what i said teams would wait for until this chap had tried somewhere after Norway.

Thats literally the point i countered with.

It was mention in that podcast with Stan Collymore that Potter chose to go Ostersund because he needed to go to a club that was his level in terms of is management skill at the time

We also had one of the worlds best CM and an awesome left side
We did, which would of probably helped trying to get to grips with this style of football ( but only slightly )

The thing is that is the past, we don't have that now so we can't keep looking backwards on what/who we previously had playing for us.
We have to look at the now, and we are seriously seriously desperate, trying to play to a system that will never bear fruit with this squad.

It's time to go back to basics, attack with pace and stick the ball in the box.
It will certainly pay off more then what were doing now.

We did, which would of probably helped trying to get to grips with this style of football ( but only slightly )

The thing is that is the past, we don't have that now so we can't keep looking backwards on what/who we previously had playing for us.
We have to look at the now, and we are seriously seriously desperate, trying to play to a system that will never bear fruit with this squad.

It's time to go back to basics, attack with pace and stick the ball in the box.
It will certainly pay off more then what were doing now.
If only we bought players with pace, they must have FM and search players with 0 pace and sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back