Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford have Toney and Eriksen.

You want to play Onana in an attacking midfield role?

Mate...
They played with the following team against Bournmouth: Raya - Ajer - Pinnock - Ben Mee - Janelt - Jensen - Nørgaard - Dasilva - Mbeumo - Toney - Wissa.

An absolutely fantastic team. Eriksen plays for Manchester United. Toney is good at what he is good at, but would fail completely at a club that plays more in possession - which was my point.

Yes, I would have him higher in the pitch. Either as one of two in 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1. The point is I want him in and around the box.

I feel like if we're rebuilding, and with Dyche and any other option there are no guarantees that we're going to survive, why not build the team with Rooney or Big Dunc? I would say Rooney and you give him 2 years whatever happen. He's got as much experience as Lampard and his Derby experience was decent, and he could build something from scratch if he's got the inclination.

You compared him with Klopp, Guardiola etc who had already beem at the top level

Potter had already joined a smaller club first from Scandinavia. Exactly what i said teams would wait for until this chap had tried somewhere after Norway.

Thats literally the point i countered with.
Why are we waiting for him to prove himself instead of letting him prove himself here? Clubs like Brighton or Brentford didn't wait for De Zerbi or Thomas Frank to prove themselves, Brighton didn't wait for Mitoma to try his luck at Bristol City before they signed him. WE need to be a club where people think they can prove they are world-class, and then when they leave we find more and more. That's smart, forward thinking recruitment for both managers and players, and unless we want to live in the past its where we need to be heading.

You know this is a lie right lol
Even if his net transfer spend is low it doesn't change the rest of question? Do you seriously think we can put our current league predicament simply down to goalscoring? What about our midfield, our defense? Did he not replace those? Are those not just as bad if not worse than last season?

They played with the following team against Bournmouth: Raya - Ajer - Pinnock - Ben Mee - Janelt - Jensen - Nørgaard - Dasilva - Mbeumo - Toney - Wissa.

An absolutely fantastic team. Eriksen plays for Manchester United. Toney is good at what he is good at, but would fail completely at a club that plays more in possession - which was my point.

Yes, I would have him higher in the pitch. Either as one of two in 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1. The point is I want him in and around the box.

Massively stats based setup of course over several years.

The here and now is a little more short term.

I feel like if we're rebuilding, and with Dyche and any other option there are no guarantees that we're going to survive, why not build the team with Rooney or Big Dunc? I would say Rooney and you give him 2 years whatever happen. He's got as much experience as Lampard and his Derby experience was decent, and he could build something from scratch if he's got the inclination.

Rooney is bottom of the MLS mate.

Why are we waiting for him to prove himself instead of letting him prove himself here? Clubs like Brighton or Brentford didn't wait for De Zerbi or Thomas Frank to prove themselves, Brighton didn't wait for Mitoma to try his luck at Bristol City before they signed him. WE need to be a club where people think they can prove they are world-class, and then when they leave we find more and more. That's smart, forward thinking recruitment for both managers and players, and unless we want to live in the past its where we need to be heading.

Youre aware De Zerbi was very highly rated in Italy at the top level right?

Frank came into the championship...

Forward thinking means Gallardo or someone closer to home but with proven innovative pedigree at the top level imo.

We need to stop with this “Give him 2 years” crap we said it about Lampard how’s that working?

What gives you the idea that Ferguson would be any use? He beat Lampard Chelsea on pure passion and that was it

We need to stop with this nostalgia rubbish, Dunc is never going to be Everton manager and if he some how does will do a terrible job

Even if his net transfer spend is low it doesn't change the rest of question? Do you seriously think we can put our current league predicament simply down to goalscoring? What about our midfield, our defense? Did he not replace those? Are those not just as bad if not worse than last season?

We sold Richarlison. We then brought in a lot of other players because the team was poor overall.

Thelwell is the DOF not Lampard.

Gana, McNeil and Maupay are poor signings.

But between them weve probably paid £6mil ish.

Youre aware De Zerbi was very highly rated in Italy at the top level right?

Frank came into the championship...

Forward thinking means Gallardo or someone closer to home but with proven innovative pedigree at the top level imo.
Again I feel as if you are just ignoring the point so I will just type everything out that I can and leave it at that. Our problem has always been that we are a club that still thinks that its the 2000s or the early 2010s when it comes to managers and players in recruitment. Recruitment is the sword that managers and sporting directors live and die on. The only pools we seem to recruit from seem to be the Premier League, where players are more expensive and their quality is by and large already established, the Championship, which is no longer cheap to recruit from as more money has spread throughout the pyramid, and the occasional top 5 European league buy. That is archaic.

De Zerbi was highly rated in Italy, yes, but then he went to Ukraine and was mostly unknown by the time he showed up at Brighton. He is also a manager Everton would never have appointed. Everything clubs like Brighton and Brentford do we should be emulating, especially as because we are a massive sporting institution with the weight of history behind us, we would end up with far more success. I agree with your point on Gallardo, and indeed if he is willing to come here we should move heaven and earth to facilitate him, he is a coach who should be at a club like Barcelona currently. There are still probably more than a thousand decent coaches who could come to Everton and improve our current status, goal-scorers notwithstanding.

We sold Richarlison. We then brought in a lot of other players because the team was poor overall.

Thelwell is the DOF not Lampard.

Gana, McNeil and Maupay are poor signings.

Gana £2m.

So you claim McNeil and Maupay’ upfront fees are £2m each?

We need to stop with this “Give him 2 years” crap we said it about Lampard how’s that working?

What gives you the idea that Ferguson would be any use? He beat Lampard Chelsea on pure passion and that was it

We need to stop with this nostalgia rubbish, Dunc is never going to be Everton manager and if he some how does will do a terrible job
He was passed up for the Wigan job for Kolo Toure. I liked Dunc as a player but I very much doubt he will do anything if he gets the Everton job.

I mean this is just wrong?

I won't deny Frank hasn't been shortchanged, but he's also just been very, very poor. We are not as bad as 4 wins the entire season and zero wins since October. He may feel hard done, but maybe he should have tried to come up with a system that gets the best out of his players. He can have no complaints if he is dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back