Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat isn’t wrong but he also isn’t right, they’re a fundamental problem with the team. It lacks any sort of balance. The bench consists of nothing, only likely goal scorer is Dominic Calvert-Lewin and he hardly available and then gets no service.

Look at how we play. We either pass between to CBS then lump it forward or smash it forward and hope 1 of the wingers beats 15 ppl and scores, there no cutting edge, no through balls and 2 LB/RB who can’t cross to save their lives. Team also has ZERO pace, any manager will struggle with this squad and unfortunately the only solution is what is destined and that relegation. The entire squad could leave and we be better off
I don’t see a plan in attack. Pass pass pass then go back. It’s like the Silva days when he was about to get sacked.

Kjetil Knutsen is the man for me, and keep him regardless of if we go down or not. He helped transform Bodo/Glimt from a nothing club to one of the most impressive outfits in Europe, while playing eye-catching football. He would transform us.

Never managed outside Norway.

You'd probably want him to join a smaller team first and show what he can do...

And every single 1 of Brighton team would be 1st choice here

Theyve been relatively settled over several seasons.

Weve kicked out managers every season...

And its not even 'Rocket science' it's literally just the basics of football...

When did we see the best of Dominic Calvert-Lewin, when he was told to play in the 6 yard box..

PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS !!!!!!

Before he was injured...

Listen I agree with you on the overall quality of the players, especially from an attack point. Put he has had Dominic Calvert-Lewin for several games now and still doing use him correctly. We have players like gray and Gordon who can beat a man and then should should just cross it in. We don’t do enough of it. It’s slow build up play passing around doing nothing with it. Dominic Calvert-Lewin main and only threat is in the air and when we do cross it in it’s only dom by himself, when iwobi and the other sided Winger should be in the box too. Midfield too deep to win second balls when the opposition clear the ball. We all see this yet Lampard and coaching team do nothing week in and week out.
West Ham had about 6 players around him in the second half. We had one player up front when chasing a game. Dreadful management.

And its not even 'Rocket science' it's literally just the basics of football...

When did we see the best of Dominic Calvert-Lewin, when he was told to play in the 6 yard box..

PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS !!!!!!

And had someone capable of crossing.

Never managed outside Norway.

You'd probably want him to join a smaller team first and show what he can do...
Premier League experience means nothing. Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Potter, De Zerbi, Arteta had no experience in this league before they arrived. If you are a good coach it will not matter what league you manage in, you will get results. He is probably the best coach we could approach at this moment and if the worst happens and we go down, the best coach we could attempt to stay up with.

Speaking of Norwegians, that Ronny Delia seems a character. He was at celtic for a bit as well and they did well with him from memory. Think he manages New York City now and got his kit off after they won the title. I'm not asking for nudity but seeing him sprint round the old lady in the scud after keeping us up would be a sight.

Please don't read too much into this post.

They do. It offers a new approach that catches teams out (new manager bounce).

The issue Lampard has is they look clueless in attack, in transitions, and are now slowly losing confidence. An experienced manager fixes that.

On paper we have a solid spine to a team to stay in the league. We just need someone who can get them to work. Sadly Lampard can't.

How does an experience manager teach our players how to move, pass, score ?

None of the players bar Onana has remotely shown this. Im only including Onana because he actually moves into space to receive and pass.

Thats a lot of coaching...OR just sign better players.

Zat don’t ask me ask KT and FL. Their only bet is a fit Ancelotti era Calvert-Lewin. They made the judgement and decide to sign McNeil, Maupay and Garner etc. So it’s their faults.

OH so now its Garner lol

Perhaps Maupay or McNeil, you know, the forwards he purchased for multi-million sums. You also haven't addressed the fact that our system is RUBBISH and every week we get outplayed by horrific squads with coaches who have actual tactical nous. How will new forward address our pathetic midfield structure in which two of our midfielders are in no man's land and one is meant to just stand there and attempt to stop a counter-attack. We had more possession and "control" as Lampard put it, because West Ham under David Moyes do not care about having the ball for large amounts of the game.

Maupay + McNeil ?

Is that all anyone has....the 2 players Lampard doesnt seem to even want to use?

The guys who were signed for £12mil and £15mil on the drip because there was no money available?

They'll be sold for a small loss in summer.

Who though? Who turns the players into goalscorers and creators?
Ok, creating is usually something you do collectively. You must of course have individuals to carry out the tactics, but then the tactics must match the qualities of the players. If you look at a team like Brentford, they are far from the best individual players, but they are very aware of that and adjust their tactics accordingly. They are not concerned with entertaining, but getting the most out of the players. For example, Toney would been completely useless on a team that prioritizes high ball possession, because having to deal with a defense that is mostly in balance requires completely different skills than if you play for a team that is far more direct.

So as a general rule of thumb: It is easier to exploit imbalance by giving the ball to the opponent, than to create imbalance by having the ball. Here you can work with different pressure strategies, and pressure traps, etc. I wanted to focus here on the physical and mental dimension, so that I had players who could run a lot without the ball, and endure it mentally. Defensive organization is a prerequisite for everything else.

Another rule of thumb is that most goals in soccer are scored after 5 or fewer passes. This means that when you win the ball, there must be many runs forward in the pitch, and the passes must be played forward. We have players like Iwobi, Gray, Gordon and DCL who all have usable speed.

Another rule of thumb is that most goals (80 percent and more) are scored inside the golden zone, and getting the ball there will be a priority. As we don't have the most technical players, and losing the ball forward in the pitch carries a big risk, we should be more direct. Move the team up around these areas, win duels and second balls. Here I would use Onana, a bit like Moyes used Fellaini.

Fourth, I would concentrate on set pieces. We have a reasonably physically robust team, and should be able to get even bigger returns in this phase. These are just some simple rules I would introduce immediately, and as a competent coach would do in the current situation.

Premier League experience means nothing. Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Potter, De Zerbi, Arteta had no experience in this league before they arrived. If you are a good coach it will not matter what league you manage in, you will get results. He is probably the best coach we could approach at this moment and if the worst happens and we go down, the best coach we could attempt to stay up with.

Theres 6 people there who bear no correlation with a manager who hasnt left Norway.

Either they were managing at the top level...lower level in England or it was their first job as a highly rated young coach

What other scandinavian managers have come into the league and done well with a lower table side?

Gallardo im behind as hes got a great resume across the board in South America.

Maupay + McNeil ?

Is that all anyone has....the 2 players Lampard doesnt seem to even want to use?

The guys who were signed for £12mil and £15mil on the drip because there was no money available?

They'll be sold for a small loss in summer.
All anyone has is his abysmal record as our manager, which some can be attributed to recruitment but doesn't excuse the fact that he is just sadly not up for the job. In my industry if I am given a budget and a set of aims, to which I say I can accomplish, and from there the project is not on schedule, we have no budget and my team is miserable, I cannot say to them well you didn't give me the right people for the job if I had a hand in recruiting the current people undertaking the job. In any industry Lampard's claims would be rightly laughed at, only here is he being taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back