Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does an experience manager teach our players how to move, pass, score ?

None of the players bar Onana has remotely shown this. Im only including Onana because he actually moves into space to receive and pass.

Thats a lot of coaching...OR just sign better players.

OH so now its Garner lol

Maupay + McNeil ?

Is that all anyone has....the 2 players Lampard doesnt seem to even want to use?

The guys who were signed for £12mil and £15mil on the drip because there was no money available?

They'll be sold for a small loss in summer.
I give you a solution you fail to reply.

You said some clubs will be silly enough to pay money for our deadwoods. Or AG. Why don’t they sell them and buy multiple new attacking players in the summer?

Ok, creating is usually something you do collectively. You must of course have individuals to carry out the tactics, but then the tactics must match the qualities of the players. If you look at a team like Brentford, they are far from the best individual players, but they are very aware of that and adjust their tactics accordingly. They are not concerned with entertaining, but getting the most out of the players. For example, Toney would been completely useless on a team that prioritizes high ball possession, because having to deal with a defense that is mostly in balance requires completely different skills than if you play for a team that is far more direct.

So as a general rule of thumb: It is easier to exploit imbalance by giving the ball to the opponent, than to create imbalance by having the ball. Here you can work with different pressure strategies, and pressure traps, etc. I wanted to focus here on the physical and mental dimension, so that I had players who could run a lot without the ball, and endure it mentally. Defensive organization is a prerequisite for everything else.

Another rule of thumb is that most goals in soccer are scored after 5 or fewer passes. This means that when you win the ball, there must be many runs forward in the pitch, and the passes must be played forward. We have players like Iwobi, Gray, Gordon and Dominic Calvert-Lewin who all have usable speed.

Another rule of thumb is that most goals (80 percent and more) are scored inside the golden zone, and getting the ball there will be a priority. As we don't have the most technical players, and losing the ball forward in the pitch carries a big risk, we should be more direct. Move the team up around these areas, win duels and second balls. Here I would use Onana, a bit like Moyes used Fellaini.

Fourth, I would concentrate on set pieces. We have a reasonably physically robust team, and should be able to get even bigger returns in this phase. These are just some simple rules I would introduce immediately, and as a competent coach would do in the current situation.

Brentford have Toney and Eriksen.

You want to play Onana in an attacking midfield role?

Mate...

I give you a solution you fail to reply.

You said some clubs will be silly enough to pay money for our deadwoods. Or AG. Why don’t they sell them and buy multiple new attacking players in the summer?

Theres literally 4 players we can sell to raise funds.

its been that way for 2+ seasons.

All anyone has is his abysmal record as our manager, which some can be attributed to recruitment but doesn't excuse the fact that he is just sadly not up for the job. In my industry if I am given a budget and a set of aims, to which I say I can accomplish, and from there the project is not on schedule, we have no budget and my team is miserable, I cannot say to them well you didn't give me the right people for the job if I had a hand in recruiting the current people undertaking the job. In any industry Lampard's claims would be rightly laughed at, only here is he being taken seriously.

SO Frank...who do you have in the attacking positions. aside from dcl how many career goals do they have?

Thats the question that needs asking.

How does an experience manager teach our players how to move, pass, score ?

None of the players bar Onana has remotely shown this. Im only including Onana because he actually moves into space to receive and pass.

Thats a lot of coaching...OR just sign better players.

OH so now its Garner lol

Maupay + McNeil ?

Is that all anyone has....the 2 players Lampard doesnt seem to even want to use?

The guys who were signed for £12mil and £15mil on the drip because there was no money available?

They'll be sold for a small loss in summer.

It's fairly easy. You play to their strengths not to a system. Lampard has struggled with it. It's either defend deep and hoof it to a 5ft Maupay. Or play in-between the lines with a 6ft Calvert Lewin.

Doms best attributes is in the air. We don't cross it. Maupay plays off a striker in a passing team. We don't do that with him.

Our weakness in attack can be improved by keeping it simple. Get down the line, cross a ball. Get close to Dom for knock downs. Keep playing it forward not back allowing teams to get into position. Fight for the 50/50s.

Basics. Yes, that's not gonna lead to banging goals galore as we need players. But an experienced manager like Dyche plays to those strengths.

Theres 6 people there who bear no correlation with a manager who hasnt left Norway.

Either they were managing at the top level...lower level in England or it was their first job as a highly rated young coach

What other scandinavian managers have come into the league and done well with a lower table side?

Gallardo im behind as hes got a great resume across the board in South America.
I feel like you are intentionally ignoring the point. It doesn't matter where you manage as long as you are a capable coach. Potter was a manager in Scandinavia before he arrived in England. Outside the box appointments are what smart clubs do. At any case, I'd prefer him to a Dyche or a Duncan Ferguson or the same losers we get linked to every time this happens.

I feel like you are intentionally ignoring the point. It doesn't matter where you manage as long as you are a capable coach. Potter was a manager in Scandinavia before he arrived in England. Outside the box appointments are what smart clubs do. At any case, I'd prefer him to a Dyche or a Duncan Ferguson or the same losers we get linked to every time this happens.

You compared him with Klopp, Guardiola etc who had already beem at the top level

Potter had already joined a smaller club first from Scandinavia. Exactly what i said teams would wait for until this chap had tried somewhere after Norway.

Thats literally the point i countered with.

SO Frank...who do you have in the attacking positions. aside from Dominic Calvert-Lewin how many career goals do they have?

Thats the question that needs asking.
I think the better question would be Frank we gave you 68 million in investment to replace one single player, including a striker who scored only one or two less than the man he is replacing, why have you only won 4 games and zero games in three months, the worst record in the top six leagues of English football?

Premier League experience means nothing. Guardiola, Klopp, Pochettino, Potter, De Zerbi, Arteta had no experience in this league before they arrived. If you are a good coach it will not matter what league you manage in, you will get results. He is probably the best coach we could approach at this moment and if the worst happens and we go down, the best coach we could attempt to stay up with.
That’s Everton, they don’t think out of the box and want ppl with PL as if it’s relevant, can’t get a better manager for PL then Frank, look how bad he is.

Play like 500 games or something

I think the better question would be Frank we gave you 68 million in investment to replace one single player, including a striker who scored only one or two less than the man he is replacing, why have you only won 4 games and zero games in three months, the worst record in the top six leagues of English football?

You know this is a lie right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back