Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche/big sam is only type of manager getting us out of this forget about some fancy European manager, players are crap, can't play football only hope play ugly, keep in tight and play aggressive football, should have never have got rid of big Sam for finishing 8th, 8th place is dreamland these days
Have said this before…if the choice was between him and Silva. Fans dislike his style of play and look we now demand to play like that to get points so that we can stay up. A slap in the face.

Zat isn’t wrong but he also isn’t right, they’re a fundamental problem with the team. It lacks any sort of balance. The bench consists of nothing, only likely goal scorer is DCL and he hardly available and then gets no service.

Look at how we play. We either pass between to CBS then lump it forward or smash it forward and hope 1 of the wingers beats 15 ppl and scores, there no cutting edge, no through balls and 2 LB/RB who can’t cross to save their lives. Team also has ZERO pace, any manager will struggle with this squad and unfortunately the only solution is what is destined and that relegation. The entire squad could leave and we be better off

"Give him goalscorers" - only then can we actually see.
My point is it will not matter. He is an atrocious coach. Easily the worst we have ever appointed. If we were going to sink or swim behind a manager it should have been Silva but even then he was rightly sacked. Lampard has been given a lot of leeway because above him is so tumultuous when in fact he is as big a culprit as any of them. Every week he picks the worst formation, worst style, worst game plan and picks the worst subs he possibly can. His subs yesterday were laughable. He has not been a success at any club he has ever been at. He was given unlimited money at Chelsea and a load of "goalscorers" and look at what happened as soon as he left. He was barely a success at Derby either. We need new players, yes, but we also need a new manager who can at least give us a fighting chance to stay up, not a charlatan with our second worst winning percentage in our history.

Again though, what tactics can be used so our players unable to score since childhood can magically slot goals and assists?

Who scores the goals and who creates them?
Listen I agree with you on the overall quality of the players, especially from an attack point. Put he has had dcl for several games now and still doing use him correctly. We have players like gray and Gordon who can beat a man and then should should just cross it in. We don’t do enough of it. It’s slow build up play passing around doing nothing with it. Dcl main and only threat is in the air and when we do cross it in it’s only dom by himself, when iwobi and the other sided Winger should be in the box too. Midfield too deep to win second balls when the opposition clear the ball. We all see this yet Lampard and coaching team do nothing week in and week out.

My point is it will not matter. He is an atrocious coach. Easily the worst we have ever appointed. If we were going to sink or swim behind a manager it should have been Silva but even then he was rightly sacked. Lampard has been given a lot of leeway because above him is so tumultuous when in fact he is as big a culprit as any of them. Every week he picks the worst formation, worst style, worst game plan and picks the worst subs he possibly can. His subs yesterday were laughable. He has not been a success at any club he has ever been at. He was given unlimited money at Chelsea and a load of "goalscorers" and look at what happened as soon as he left. He was barely a success at Derby either. We need new players, yes, but we also need a new manager who can at least give us a fighting chance to stay up, not a charlatan with our second worst winning percentage in our history.
Problem is it was Frank over Victor, I never wanted Frank but I backed him and he’s been a failure let’s be honest, not just this season but bar Dele Ali showing how good he could be we would of been relegated. An ofcource Richy(still sad about it)

Again, how to score goals and win games when the attacking players cant score?

Answer that and I may agree with you?
Yet they sold Richy and bought McNeil and Maupay to do his job.

And FL keeps telling us once Calvert-Lewin is fit we will be ok.

Problem is it was Frank over Victor, I never wanted Frank but I backed him and he’s been a failure let’s be honest, not just this season but bar Dele Ali showing how good he could be we would of been relegated. An ofcource Richy(still sad about it)
The fact that it was two no-mark coaches with wildly different styles says all you need about our board. I shudder to think what our shortlist will be if Thelwell doesn't have at least some say.

Just need to look at the budgets.

Remove Coady + Tarkowski who cost zero transfer fees.

Then Onana (who looks high potential) and Garner who we havent really seen yet bar good play in the championship.

Where the failure has been is with Gana, Maupay and McNeil.

None of them look to be managerial selections to be signed....other than due to very cheap staggered payments.

If they had more money to spend from the board surely they wouldnt have been signed.
Simple. Sell the players you have suggested there is interest from other club and sell Gordon. Then we have the budget.

Zat isn’t wrong but he also isn’t right, they’re a fundamental problem with the team. It lacks any sort of balance. The bench consists of nothing, only likely goal scorer is Dominic Calvert-Lewin and he hardly available and then gets no service.

Look at how we play. We either pass between to CBS then lump it forward or smash it forward and hope 1 of the wingers beats 15 ppl and scores, there no cutting edge, no through balls and 2 LB/RB who can’t cross to save their lives. Team also has ZERO pace, any manager will struggle with this squad and unfortunately the only solution is what is destined and that relegation. The entire squad could leave and we be better off

It's because it's 100% down to his experience in this situation.

You get away with limitations with a talented squad (Derby and Chelsea). You have zero hiding places at the bottom of the table.

Honestly don’t know what to say to you if you think Lampard is worth persisting with.

He/Thelwell made their own bed relying on Lewin, Gordon, Gray and McNeil to score enough goals. It was always going to end like this.
I cannot believe someone actually wants us to persist with Lampard. This is unbelievable.

It's because it's 100% down to his experience in this situation.

You get away with limitations with a talented squad (Derby and Chelsea). You have zero hiding places at the bottom of the table.
I don’t think any manager makes a difference, that’s the worrying part

It’s scary mate, gonna be Dyche probably or god help us fat boy.. if it’s Fat Boy I’m done with Everton.
The list of managers out of work and the list of managers in smaller clubs who would leave for Everton even in our current state is extremally long, no doubt they will try to gaslight us into thinking our only options are Dyche, Duncan Ferguson, David Moyes or Wayne Rooney once again. A pathetically inept board but sadly they simply have to get rid of Lampard now, and then it is our job to be rid of them.

The list of managers out of work and the list of managers in smaller clubs who would leave for Everton even in our current state is extremally long, no doubt they will try to gaslight us into thinking our only options are Dyche, Duncan Ferguson, David Moyes or Wayne Rooney once again. A pathetically inept board but sadly they simply have to get rid of Lampard now, and then it is our job to be rid of them.
Since the Watford Silva debacle we havnt tried to get a manager from another club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back