Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can without goalscorers mate.

Danjuma + 2 or 3 more needed.

The mistake was not having a massive cull in the summer and rebuilding.

That needs to happen now.
There are players in this team that scored in a Benitez setup though. We do need some more players Zat but we need someone who can actually set the team up properly and that isn't Frank or any of his coaching staff. This is Franks 3rd go at management now and each time it's ended up the same way. He just isn't cut out for it imo.
Yes the board are a total sham and both him and KT should have been backed a lot more but the teams tactics are just abysmal at the moment. Paul Clement failed in his time as a manager and we at the moment are playing exactly the same way as his Derby team did, it's all possession and no purpose to it just holding on to the ball waiting for the other team to make an error, it's unsustainable. At the moment we need to just move the ball about quickly, directly, and get numbers forward towards the box and just put pressure on the oppositions goal, it's the best chance we have of getting goals.

They would have been relegated if Benitez had stayed the whole season + Ancelotti had 2nd half of the season over a full season.

Again you wrote all our forwards were signed by the management...not true.

Maupay + McNeil were signed on LOW INSTALLMENTS which is how we got them.

Maupay £12mil and McNeil £15mil and i think we wouldnt take a big loss if we sold in summer.

Have you not seen the bench lol
A better manager will have this team in lower mid table. There is no way we are 19th. This is because the incompetence of the manager. What is his attacking tactics? Play Coleman and Myko as wing-backs but cut back and do not cross? Can you see there a plan in regards to attacking movement? I am not here to convince you FL is inept as a manager. You can have your opinion. What I see is 35 points from 38 games. And he lost 20 games out of 38.

The very fact Frank hasn`t been sacked suggests that the next guy isn`t coming in very quickly, we need the new guy almost immediately to get targets signed and the team working hard for the new manager....

There are players in this team that scored in a Benitez setup though. We do need some more players Zat but we need someone who can actually set the team up properly and that isn't Frank or any of his coaching staff. This is Franks 3rd go at management now and each time it's ended up the same way. He just isn't cut out for it imo.
Yes the board are a total sham and both him and KT should have been back a lot more but the teams tactics are just abysmal at the moment. Paul Clement failed in his time as a manager and we at the moment are playing exactly the same way as his Derby team did, it's all possession and no purpose to it just holding on to the ball waiting for the other team to make an error, it's unsustainable. At the moment we need to just move the ball about quickly, directly, and get numbers forward towards the box and just put pressure on the oppositions goal, it's the best chance we have of getting goals.

Who was scoring under Benitez?

I take your point but theres nothing up top when we put the ball up there...theres no quality.

DCL clearly unfit or finished.

The others are meh

Again though, what tactics can be used so our players unable to score since childhood can magically slot goals and assists?

Who scores the goals and who creates them?
This is precisely what a well-paid PL manager is expected to come up with an answer to. No one says it is easy, but that is precisely what competition has as a function: to filter out those who do not have the necessary competence from those who are competent.

Who was scoring under Benitez?

I take your point but theres nothing up top when we put the ball up there...theres no quality.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin clearly unfit or finished.

The others are meh
Gray scored goals for Benitez for example, Gordon can finish when he can be bothered. I do get what you are saying mate honestly I do and yes I would rather have someone else upfront than Calvert Lewin (who I think is done) but these tactics are stopping us from even picking up a few draws at the moment let alone actually win a game.

A better manager will have this team in lower mid table. There is no way we are 19th. This is because the incompetence of the manager. What is his attacking tactics? Play Coleman and Myko as wing-backs but cut back and do not cross? Can you see there a plan in regards to attacking movement? I am not here to convince you FL is inept as a manager. You can have your opinion. What I see is 35 points from 38 games. And he lost 20 games out of 38.

Yet again you cant tell me who scores the goals to win games?

You name Coleman who has never crossed a ball effectively in his career.

Mykolenko is a left back, or LCB. He isnt a wing back. We have no wing backs of premier league mid table quality.

You know that he has also managed to destroy our defence as well?!

He is long gone

If youre in a boxing ring with someone who cant punch...what happens next?

The very fact Frank hasn`t been sacked suggests that the next guy isn`t coming in very quickly, we need the new guy almost immediately to get targets signed and the team working hard for the new manager....

What new manager? Arrigo Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti could get the defence in order...but with 10 behind the ball all game.

Need players.

Haha lol you have face to say this. 3 wins in 20. What are you talking about when most posters here want him out now.

As Moshiri said....the fans ALWAYS want managers out.

Look at Silva. Look at Ancelotti.

Alot wanted them sacked.

I get it.

But again all im asking is...

WHO SCORES THE GOALS.

Yeah we can blame the signings of McNeil and Maupay on Thelwell.

For the low installments who else could he have signed? Probably plenty of players.

Maupay
McNeil
Gana

All flops.

Who can get these 3 playing at the top level every game.

As thats why people arent backing Lampard...he cant magically turn non goalscorers into scorers.

Thelwell has to SELL and reinvest behind Lampard.

Or else were doomed.
It's incredible how effective just being a nice guy is on your career. It masks a lot of the horrific incompetence you exhibit. A manager who was appointed by the board, probably the first committee appointment since Moshiri arrived, who danced with them in the directors box, who has refused to ever criticize them is somehow our saviour out of the mess the board put us in? As for goals, give Lampard goalscorers all you like, it won't magically transform his atrocious tactics. Yet another week where our midfield and defense was paper mache because he couldn't organize a booze-up in a brewery.

This is precisely what a well-paid PL manager is expected to come up with an answer to. No one says it is easy, but that is precisely what competition has as a function: to filter out those who do not have the necessary competence from those who are competent.

Who though? Who turns the players into goalscorers and creators?

Gray scored goals for Benitez for example, Gordon can finish when he can be bothered. I do get what you are saying mate honestly I do and yes I would rather have someone else upfront than Calvert Lewin (who I think is done) but the these tactics are stopping us from even picking up a few draws at the moment let alone actually win a game.

Gray scored the other week...rest of the time bar when he signed (as always with him) he did well and then dropped off a cliff.

I cant see how tactics help our players to create and assist when in their careers theyve not shown that ability.

Gray scored goals for Benitez for example, Gordon can finish when he can be bothered. I do get what you are saying mate honestly I do and yes I would rather have someone else upfront than Calvert Lewin (who I think is done) but the these tactics are stopping us from even picking up a few draws at the moment let alone actually win a game.
Benitez was a good manager, knew what he was doing

It's incredible how effective just being a nice guy is on your career. It masks a lot of the horrific incompetence you exhibit. A manager who was appointed by the board, probably the first committee appointment since Moshiri arrived, who danced with them in the directors box, who has refused to ever criticize them is somehow our saviour out of the mess the board put us in? As for goals, give Lampard goalscorers all you like, it won't magically transform his atrocious tactics. Yet another week where our midfield and defense was paper mache because he couldn't organize a booze-up in a brewery.

Well thats the nail on the head in part.

"Give him goalscorers" - only then can we actually see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back