Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back big dunc
planet-of-the-apes-charlton-heston.gif

When Lampard was praising him last summer i was hoping it was a sales tactic.

But no one wanted him.

I realise you're talking about Iwobi. And I would also add him in this next comment.

You could argue that that was about Lampard too. After keeping us up last season.

If our board was forward thinking, and demanding better, they may have had a cunning plan. They could have have chosen to find a better manager and
relieve Lampard of his duties. But they're not a foward thinking board. They don't demand better. They're very reactive. This is why we're in this mess.

That was not enough experience for the latter? I think Rooney to be fair is a better manager than Frank is, but what is this debate. Removed of his connection to Everton or his stature as a player we wouldn't be having this conversation at least yet. The same was true of Frank. Lampard's ability to score goals from the midfield has inflated a managerial resume that otherwise wouldn't have him close to a job the size as ours. Make fun of Southampton hiring a Luton manager, Nathan Jones has been a professional gaffer for almost a decade and had better rationale than Lampard's appointment or then a Rooney hypothetical.

We are damaged goods at this point so any names are frankly worth a discussion but I think we need more scrutinizing rationale for a manager hire than ever and cut out the celebrity aspects of an appointment now. Even if the pool is small or leads us to appointing someone we all havent heard of it does not change our ability to make an intelligent calculus initially. The red flags were everywhere with Lampard, Rafael and frankly Carlo as well in correlation to what this job needed. We may get this hire wrong too but one of the main reasons we are in this mess is talking ourselves into managers being a fit, projecting only the most optimistic outcome and omitting glaring holes that likely should have steered us away in the first place.

I hope the board or Thelwell are connected with a good sense of international managers which I think they'd be wise to favor. Sadly I doubt thats the case.
Based on what we have seen of Thelwell his connections don’t extend beyond a 50 mile radius

He's got more passion in his left toes for this club over some of our 'supporters'

Give someone in the crowd the job then if it's that easy. Dunc earned over a million quid last season but couldn't even set a team up in the Villa game to blow that audition for the job.

Give someone in the crowd the job then if it's that easy. Dunc earned over a million quid last season but couldn't even set a team up in the Villa game to blow that audition for the job.

Who said it was easy? I don't think he's the answer but he will give the crowd a lift, right now players are expecting to get booed onto the pitch. Wake up. Something needs to give. The players need a serious boot up the rse. You're deluding yourself if you think we're getting a decent manager in now. The most poisoned chalice in world football right this second. At least he'd give it full throttle.

Dunc wasted years at Everton putting cones out, he should of been learning the managerial trade in Scotland, not watching us from the sidelines

How do you know what his role entailed?

Has he even had a job offer since leaving Everton? He had the easiest job in the world for years, paid big money to put the cones out.

How much was he on? Be interested to see where that info came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back