Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when Lampard gets the bullet, I’m convinced it’s going to Sean Dyche just because if we do get relegated then he is best equipped to get us straight back up.

If we make the change now then we won’t go down but if we sit on our hands and let the situation get worse then it’s a real possibility.

If/when Lampard gets the bullet, I’m convinced it’s going to Sean Dyche just because if we do get relegated then he is best equipped to get us straight back up.

If we make the change now then we won’t go down but if we sit on our hands and let the situation get worse then it’s a real possibility.
Because of our History?

“Thelwell would be responsible for drawing up a shortlist of replacements”. Why hasn’t this been done? Why isn’t this constantly being done? When a manager is appointed a list of replacements should be constantly made and updated depending on varying factors. Jesus we really are a relic arent we. Get us to league 1 where we absolutely belong.

Of the more exotic managers who could be mentioned I'd be interested in Tedesco. A younger manager did initially seem to resonate with these players and he might bring a bit of tactical acumen. Experience improving relatively poor teams from his time in Germany.

Just make a real fight of trying to stay up, that's all I'd ask.

If a new manager can't do that then we'll be down and they'll be gone.

We may well go down anyway but I don't accept that a good manager can't engineer an improvement.

Nuno looked completely out of his depth and overwhelmed managing Spurs. He is extremely uninspiring and he plays terrible passive 3 at the back football that Goodison would hate.

I don't think he is a big enough character for this job in this scenario and his style is not suited to Everton football.
It’s a bit of a mad one with Nuno. His stock was high after he got Wolves promoted then finished 7th twice. He then went off the boil in his last season and flopped badly at spurs and is now in Saudi Arabia.

I agree I don’t think his football wouldn’t be suited here I’m just surprised how far he’s fallen in such short time. I think I’d have him over dyche though.

Not as sad as it is just now. I’d take Donald Duck ahead of Lampard., The bar is now set very low. Thanks to Mr. Lampard.
And this is a results business. Results that Lampard is just not up to achieving. So if Dyche does come in , and gets us tightened up , and winning a few matches , then he has my support. For now. Good football can wait , until we can get on a better footing. A few 1-0mwins will do me. For now.

But give whoever the new manager is a fair chance. Saying it’s a sad day if we got Dyche. Sounds a wee bit sad , coming out with that.
Give the guy a chance. What’s sad imo , is holding on to clueless Frank.

I’m just sorry that he ( Dyche ) wasn’t onboard around the time that Lampard was floundering about against Bournemouth. We just might not have balderdashed those matches against Wolves and Southampton. And been spared that rubbish yesterday. Who knows?
Just give the new guy a proper chance. If our board ever get around to it.
Like I said, it’ll be a sad day when ginger bollocks rocks up. Amazing the way people think we’ll be beating all these teams with Dyche, when the harsh reality we need about 3 new attacking options and attack minded manager.

It’s a bit of a mad one with Nuno. His stock was high after he got Wolves promoted then finished 7th twice. He then went off the boil in his last season and flopped badly at spurs and is now in Saudi Arabia.

I agree I don’t think his football wouldn’t be suited here I’m just surprised how far he’s fallen in such short time. I think I’d have him over dyche though.
I would have Dyche over him 100% myself

The financial situation we find ourselves in does deem we need a manager capable of getting us promoted if we did go down as couldn't afford to sack 2 managers in the space of a few months.

Pre WC we had a whiskers chance of Tuchel or Poch now that ships sailed.

We need either Dyche or Biesla imo - Dyche more suited to the players we have but Danjuma + 1-2 incomings and maybe Biesla could whip em into shape in an attacking sense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back