Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think the squad is a disaster. We have the England goalkeeper. Gray, DCL and Rich are 3 good forward options at a decent age. Douc is a decent box to box. Keane and Mina are a good CB partnership if they can stay fit.

Gordon and Branthwaite are young players with first team potential. I am not convinced Godfrey has the ability to be a first team player in a top half prem side but could be a useful squad player like Davies

Coleman, Allan and Townsend are deep into the back 9 of their careers but are good pro’s to have around the squad.

Some of the deadwood (Iceland, Delph, Tosun) on big money leave at the end of the season.

That leaves Gomes, Holgate and Iwobi as the big problems. Players not contributing on decent money who will struggle to find another club

We need to hope the full-backs recruited can deliver next season as this is a clear area of weakness. We also have very little technical ability in the squad. If you look at the best team in the league they have Foden, Silva and De Bruyne. We don’t have one budget version of this type of player since getting rid of James and Bernard. It would be useful to have and option like this in the squad.
Bernard contributed next to nothing while here. We all wanted him to be a little Brazilian magician but he wasn’t at this level

I really don't. We've got progressively worse.
I can understand that. But learning is not linear, even though we analyze the world through those lenses. It all depends on how much faith you have in Benitez. I must admit I am disappointed and I have begun to doubt. But I have no doubt that Benitez will eventually get our defensive game in order. The question is whether he has enough time.

Rooney is doing a decent job.
With a lack of other options, he is an option

He should not be an option. This is a big problem within our Fan base. He could not get away sooner from us when he was a teenager and only came back when he was shot and his legs were gone. His record as a manager does not deserve consideration for a job of this magnitude. We are in a state right now but this is still arguably a top 20 job in European club football. A couple of seasons of adversity at the bottom of the championship does not cut it

He should not be an option. This is a big problem within our Fan base. He could not get away sooner from us when he was a teenager and only came back when he was shot and his legs were gone. His record as a manager does not deserve consideration for a job of this magnitude. We are in a state right now but this is still arguably a top 20 job in European club football. A couple of seasons of adversity at the bottom of the championship does not cut it
Not does plying your trade in China for two years.

Let's not knee jerk yet again. I can't stand Benitez but I see little point in getting on this merry go round again now.
We won't be relegated. Let's settle for mid table obscurity (we are very used to that) this season and look to replace the manager at the end of the season when there will be more options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back