Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me mate, a rushed decision is the last thing we need to worry about. There's a lot of clubs who would have a replacement already lined up, and realising the urgency of the situation, make an appointment within 48 hours. But no, we're Everton, we don't do business that way. In a month from now, the club will still be doing its due diligence, this thread will still be live, and none of us will be any the wiser.
I agree we shouldn't be rushing into an appointment however given the situation we are in the club needs to provide some kind of clarity as to what's going on and not wait too long before stabilising the situation. If we get one month down the line and the way forward is still not sorted then the board is once again letting the club down.

@Kev The Rat why are you fingering me?

What do you disagree with ?
Add Kovac to the poll he would wipe the floor with Potter he would also wipe the floor with that Portuguese guy who has never coached outside Portugal.

There are about 2 people on here who don’t want Kovac - you are one of them. You don’t have the monopoly on knowledge of European management like you seem to think you do. You’ve also spouted nonsense about Mykolenko being great with no evidence whatsoever to support it.

Basically you like to be edgy for the sake of it.

He is a hard task master which is exactly what we need. What Benitez should have been effectively. I’d have no problem with him coming here and upsetting the Apple cart because I know we’d be comfortable mid table this season while he did it.

Add Kovac to the poll he would wipe the floor with Potter he would also wipe the floor with that Portuguese guy who has never coached outside Portugal.

There are about 2 people on here who don’t want Kovac - you are one of them. You don’t have the monopoly on knowledge of European management like you seem to think you do. You’ve also spouted nonsense about Mykolenko being great with no evidence whatsoever to support it.

He is a hard task master which is exactly what we need. What Benitez should have been effectively. I’d have no problem with him coming here and upsetting the Apple cart because I know we’d be comfortable mid table this season while he did it.

Why you getting so aggressive over a manager

Not sure why you're making feeble attempts to attack me after i asked a reasonable question.

He played 3 up top at Frankfurt and did really well...did you enjoy the football? What did you like about the style of play?

He had a great first season at both Bayern and Monaco and then really poor 2nd seasons.

Im actually mystified why people want him? Love to know why you rate him based on how Monaco have played this season.

Ruben Amorim ? I take it you dont follow much Portuguese (or european) football then...because if you did then you'd see the champions league...where Amorim has done brilliantly this season.

If you dont rate Amorim then i dont know why you would prefer Kovac...have you even watched his teams play? Its not very exciting football...again, tell me why you rate him based on Monaco this season?

Show me where i said Mykolenko would be "great" from day one? Theres plenty of evidence that he would be good for us...like all over the media...you actually fell for a bloke claiming to be from Ukraine as well lol

Oh and for the 3rd time...tell me why you rate Kovac specifically based on his Monaco team this season?

Not sure why you're making feeble attempts to attack me after i asked a reasonable question.

He played 3 up top at Frankfurt and did really well...did you enjoy the football? What did you like about the style of play?

He had a great first season at both Bayern and Monaco and then really poor 2nd seasons.

Im actually mystified why people want him? Love to know why you rate him based on how Monaco have played this season.

Ruben Amorim ? I take it you dont follow much Portuguese (or european) football then...because if you did then you'd see the champions league...where Amorim has done brilliantly this season.

If you dont rate Amorim then i dont know why you would prefer Kovac...have you even watched his teams play? Its not very exciting football...again, tell me why you rate him based on Monaco this season?

Show me where i said Mykolenko would be "great" from day one? Theres plenty of evidence that he would be good for us...like all over the media...you actually fell for a bloke claiming to be from Ukraine as well lol

Oh and for the 3rd time...tell me why you rate Kovac specifically based on his Monaco team this season?
In terms of Kovac it’s more about mindset and personality for me. At this stage style and tactics are secondary to a man who will command respect in the dressing room.

Did I say you said mykolenko would be great from day one? You did say he would be great and so far there is zero evidence to support it. I’ve heard no one apart from you claim he will be actually. I’ve heard multiple sources being mystified as to why he was bought though.

Last edited:

View attachment 152423

….ha, ha, things have changed overnight. Martinez now available at odds-against and not even favourite. Market suggests nobody has a clue what’s going on, not even Everton.

I’d never pay too much attention to the odds, if there’s one thing the bookies can control it’s managerial odds and transfers…

They can just manipulate it whenever they want, remember when out of nowhere they made us odds on for Charlie Austin? lol

I’d never pay too much attention to the odds, if there’s one thing the bookies can control it’s managerial odds and transfers…

They can just manipulate it whenever they want, remember when out of nowhere they made us odds on for Charlie Austin? lol
I think it just indicates the situation is what it is - fluid

if we hire Bobby the bloke who took mosh to court for 10m payout, the bloke who can’t organize a defence, we deserve relegation

Its absolutely mind boggling that it’s being considered, even more so in a duel role with Belgium national job.
It’s not just our fans, it’s fans of other clubs, pundits and journalists who are baffled aswell.
I’ve got a bad feeling this could still happen, despite the refusal from the Belgium FA.

In terms of Kovac it’s more about mindset and personality for me. At this stage style and tactics are secondary to a man who will command respect in the dressing room.

Did I say you said mykolenko would be great from day one? You did say he would be great and so far there is zero evidence to support it. I’ve heard no one apart from you claim he will be actually.

"Style and tactics are secondary" -- Allardyce is an option then I suppose.

I'm simply asking what have you seen this season in Monaco's performances to make you want Kovac.

I'll also throw in, what dont you like about Ruben Amorim based on his incredible success in every competition since becoming a manager?

i'm on record as saying Mykolenko has been part of really strong Ukraine youth teams and since breaking onto Kiev's team has been voted the countries best young player (now taken by Zabarnyi). He's also been rated across the media as "one to watch" in Europe since he was 18 as one of the best young prospects.

Thats all ive ever written about him and i think he'll be great next season after settling down.

If youre praising him for Volland then what about Boadu and the other flops as there was decent money spent last summer.

His got arguably the 2nd best squad in the division and its way off.

Second best? I strongly disagree, but that’s the whole point of opinions.

Boadu was a risk someone was going to make; hasn’t worked out, but €17m over 5 years isn’t stinging them like £28m for Iwobi is for us.

He’s a good manager mate, I’d love to say I’ll be happy for him to prove you wrong, but we’re never appointing him, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.