Who's your money on in the takeover 'battle'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think it changes this summer but next hopefully it can
It can still make a big difference to this summer. Friedkin could advance cash the same way 777 did pending OADT approval (indeed approval could yet come before the window closes but it’ll be tight). In either case he can be like 99.9% sure of approval.

Might not be a mountain of cash for transfers but just the assurance of future cash flow could mean that sales (which we know are inevitable) can be fully reinvested rather than hived off to support the business. Even if we can spend all of what we generate or maybe slightly more that would be a big boost to our summer business.

Unfortunately The Friedkin Group buying the club is very unlikely to happen.

Farhad Moshiri is unsurprisingly being very unprofessional in all of this.

Parties have completely walked away due to how Farhad Moshiri is behaving and grown very frustrated at him and advisors.

The Friedkin Group are likely to walk away I’m told as Moshiri keeps changing the deal and also they have looked at the numbers and are concerned.

Worrying times for the club, very worrying. :(
If you can’t trust a random new member called “RealEFCInsider”, then who can you trust?!

If they have a username like that, they must be proper sourced.

I, for one, am thoroughly convinced.

Update:

Nothing has been agreed between The Friedkin Group and Farhad Moshiri. The Friedkin Group have analysed the situation at Everton very closely and are very likely to walk away.

Moshiri is pushing the deal towards The Friedkin Group but they aren’t having any of it.

Moshiris 2nd option (very worryingly) is A-Cap if The Friedkin Group officially walk away from the deal A-Cap are likely to step in and takeover the club.
Stop posting tripe and do one ffs. Only a kopite would choose such a ridiculous username. You are literally the only person on the planet posting this codswallop.

As there is a lot of gloom in this thread (and a Kopite WUM) here is a glass half-full post.

€650m (it is 650 incl debt pay down not plus) from Friedkin if accurate might be:
€50m to Moshiri (plus earn out/minority stake still being discussed?)
€400m clears MSP, A-Cap (ex 777) debts
€120m stadium completion & outfitting
€80m working capital/stadium buffer

The debt relief that would offer is substantial, allowing us to gradually manage down R&MF. Taken together with improved commercial deals (starting with Castore) and the further boost we would get moving to BMD we could be in good financial shape by 25/26 providing we stay up this season.

If Friedkin can ensure we have competence at CEO, CFO (with Chong as COO/stadium) we should be more self-sufficient and competitive than at any time since the Moyes era.

MEGA - Make Everton Great Again

Update:

Nothing has been agreed between The Friedkin Group and Farhad Moshiri. The Friedkin Group have analysed the situation at Everton very closely and are very likely to walk away.

Moshiri is pushing the deal towards The Friedkin Group but they aren’t having any of it.

Moshiris 2nd option (very worryingly) is A-Cap if The Friedkin Group officially walk away from the deal A-Cap are likely to step in and takeover the club.

This wouldn't happen to be you by any chance would it? 🙄

Screenshot_20240616-122532_Chrome.webp

If Friedkin was to inject working capital into the club couldn't some of this go towards new signings and trying to replace, in some way, any players we are forced to lose for PSR? I'm assuming that just gets converted into equity as part of the agreement with Moshiri when the takeover is completed.

He and his advisors, must surely take a view, in the here and now, the implications of losing some of our better players and the potential state of the squad by August 30th? The initial optimism that goes with new ownership alongside the near completion of the stadium will run cold very quickly if we continue to be a fixture in the bottom six, or worse, over the autumn and winter.

I absolutely understand if our hands are tied by PSR for this season but is there some wriggle room, after June 30th, with a relatively small cash injection, that could be used to beef up the squad? I'm fully expecting Friedkin to run us as a tight ship and comply with regulations but the coming season as it stands, is a massive concern if we are boxed in to such a large degree. I've read some very different opinions, some stating we absolutely have to sell and others with the view that it's not necessary. I think we would be fine with the players we have, but in a very precarious position losing one or more and hoping to get by with free transfers or loans as stopgaps.

I don't envy the sort of decisions that have to be taken but I'm hoping that Friedkin is more than aware of how delicate our position is, not just off the field but on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back